Monday, October 16, 2017

Training 10/16-10/22-Race Week

10/16-AM- Easy 3 in 22:50 (7:37 pace).  I normally rest on Monday in a race week but today I wanted to assess where I was now that I am back off Glutathione.  I got most of it back today and got stronger as the run progressed.  Splits were 7:46-7:34-7:30 with a HR of 151.  If I was totally in the clear, it would have been around 7:20 pace but I'll take it.  I most definitely still need adrenal support on probiotics and that's to be expected especially after solving a MAJOR problem.  I may be less dependent on methylation support but I'm not trying anything new before race day.  That's all for today.
Grade:B/1 credit/distance=3.0

10/17-AM- I am most definitely all the way back now.  Wanted to run 4 miles but had to settle for 3 due to time constraints.  Put out no more effort than yesterday but my time improved to 21:33 (7:11 pace) with even splits and an even lower HR of 146.  The only gripe was that I still had a bit of stiffness in my joints and muscles.  Overall, good power in my legs.

PM- Junk Intervals at Vestavia.  This does not affect the grade but it was a bit of a downer.  I really thought I could go comfortably under 6:00 in the Mile.  After an 89 1st lap, I lost it at 600 and then punted the rest of the workout.  Did a few more 200 strides then decided to go hard on the last one and clocked a surprisingly good 33 seconds.  Maybe the morning session tired me out more than I thought.  I still think I can go sub-6 fresh but it's going to be close.  Added a cool for a total distance of 1.5 miles this session.  Just screwing around really.  I may benefit from Vitamin C but if that's not the answer, the probiotics will prevent it from being a disaster.
Grade:A-/1 credit/distance=4.5

10/18-AM- Interesting observations today.  I tried to run without methylation and was clearly weakened but it was not a night and day difference.  That's good news.  Came through 3 laps at 2:41 (8:03 pace) but was likely looking at 8:30ish if I kept going.  Got a boost from the methylation but did not have the form of yesterday or even Monday.  Finished with an overall time of 31:36 for 4 miles (7:54 pace).  Splits were pretty even and HR of 132 was the lowest on record.  I took a high dose of Whole Food C, which is clearly NOT the answer.  Once again, the probiotics prevented a disaster.  Most likely, a single dose would have been barely noticeable.  I'm going with the formula that gave me 2 wins coming into this week minus the glutathione but I still think something is missing that's preventing me from access to my top gear.  Max HR should be 180-185.
Grade:C+/1 credit/distance=4.5
-Score is tied on the week.  I can win with a good race.  I'll try to get in 4 junk miles.

10/19- Planned rest day.  Travel.

10/20- 15 minute junk run in the dark on Amarillo Blvd.  Still sore and this does not feel natural.  The culprit is too much Ultimate B.  It is becoming increasingly clear that I need both the probiotics and glycine.  Adding back the glycine now is a gamble but I'm willing to take it.  Probiotics DID knock out the ill-effects of glycine earlier.  Toured Palo Duro Canyon and Santa Fe.  Stay tuned for pics.
Grade:Pass/0 credit/distance=2.0

10/21- Santa Fe to Albuquerque with a stop in Sandia Crest.  Found glycine supplements at a local health food store.  YES!  Felt a definite benefit after taking it.  Another 2 miles this time on the hotel treadmill in Albuquerque.  Set the pace just south of 8:00 and kicked it at the end.  A sub-1:45 will be enough to win this week.
Grade:B/1 credit/distance=2.0

10/22- Duke City half in 1:49:18.  Tweaked hamstring warming up and every step hurt but I finished.
Grade:C plus/4 credit/distance-14.0

Distance= 30.0/ GPA= 2.65
YTD: 1218 miles.  10-30 with a 2.18 GPA

No comments: