Monday, August 13, 2018

Training 8/13-8/19

8/13- VERY INTERESTING.  2x1 Mile at Gold's.  I attempted to run without any adrenal support and not surprisingly I struggled.  Finished in 7:51 and had to work at the end to maintain the pace.  I then popped the adrenal support (ADHS) and felt NO discernible difference.  I fared no better on my 2nd interval and actually finished 1 tick slower at 7:52.  Popped a Taurine at lunchtime and got WORSE.
Reaction:
Adrenals COULD VERY WELL BE BALANCED!  The Sulfur is the culprit for sure.  I NEED that CBS/NOS product so it's a good thing I did not toss it when it became a problem.  I MUST go slow with it.  I'll start at a quarter of a pill.

PM- INTERESTING AGAIN!  2x800 at Gold's.  I was "worser" after taking the sulfur containing Taurine, which was tolerated when I was on CBS/NOS the first time.  I opened with a 4:51 for a HALF mile (9:42 pace).  Then I took roughly 1/6 of a CBS/NOS pill and the impact was YUGE!  I improved all the way down to a 3:43 (7:26 pace) with no additional effort.  MINUS 2:16 on ONE SIXTH of a pill.  Yes, you read that correctly.  I called it a day after that.  I'm sure I could have improved further if I had taken a bit more but I also know that if a full pill is taken every day, it will turn disastrous.  I'll try going with a half pill for the rest of the week.

If I ignore the sulfur problems and go with the "stable formula", I'm just going to go backwards in terms of times and overall energy.  That's not an acceptable outcome.  I must fight the sulfur.
Distance=3.0

8/14- Planned rest day.  I have a theory that the CBS/NOS pills only work if I take caffeine.  Possible but it seems unlikely.  In any event, I'll find out by the weekend.

8/15- 1 mile junk run on Wisteria in 10:31.  It's becoming increasing clear that CBS/NOS has become a critical need.  Still, I need to go slow with this stuff.  Took less than half a pill today and I will go only slightly higher tomorrow.
Distance=1.0

8/16- AM- Another 1 mile junk run on Wisteria but improved to 9:19 (MINUS 72).  I attribute that to upping the CBS/NOS.

PM- Lakeshore 3 in 26:33 (8:51 pace)  MINUS 28.  Triple the distance.  I predict that I will not be much better tomorrow unless I take more CBS/NOS.
Distance=4.0

8/17- AM- 2x1 mile at Gold's.  Took half a CBS/NOS pill and opened with an 8:14 then took the rest of the pill and improved to a 7:47 (MINUS 27).  That's it for today.  Need a long run tomorrow.
Distance=2.0

8/18- Labored through a 10 miler at Vestavia track in 96:57 (9:42 pace).  Only goal was to finish and I barely made it.  I stopped every 10 laps to drink on a humid but overcast morning.  Did not even try to run on less than 1 pill but did take an extra at 2.5 miles and at 5 miles.  It answered all questions.  Here are the splits: 23:48-23:32-24:20-26:17.  I was slightly better on 2 pills versus 1 but not enough to be considered significant. Then I was slightly worse on 3 but did not collapse.  I think that was due as much to poor conditioning as the pills.  I did not take a 4th after 7.5 miles yet slowed considerably after that but did manage a small rally in the last lap to get under 97.
Distance=10.0
Reaction:
I'm sticking with 1 CBS/NOS pill.  No significant benefit on 2 and it presents risk of overdose.  I'll just have to hope for gradual improvements from here with NO MORE RELAPSES!  As of now, I cannot finish a 13.1 so I may run DC in 4 weeks but unless I see significant improvements, I will downgrade to the 5 mile.  This doesn't count towards a state anyway so I will not plan on going back after I finish the challenge.

8/19- 3 miles also at Vestavia.  Finished in 25:21 (8:27 pace).  That's just about what I expected.  Even pace.  Slipped a bit in lap 10 and 11 but rebounded somewhat in the last lap.  Heavy legs and no energy but that's nothing new.  I was pleased that I could run at all after yesterday's effort.

Got some bad news later in the day.  I tried some Yucca and it was NOT tolerated.  That means CBS/NOS caps is my only option and it's hardly working like a charm.  I can only hope for gradual improvement from this point.  I'm probably looking at a rough day tomorrow as well because of the Yucca experiment.


No comments: