Monday, August 6, 2018

Training 8/6-8/12

8/6- AM- FINALLY a real interval session.  It wasn't pretty but I made it.  Did 8x400 with a 200 jog R at Vestavia with an average of 94.5 (6:18 pace).  This workout is a good predictor for a Mile time trial so figure I'm around 6:20 now.  First 7 were all 95-97 but I had something left and finished in 83.  Next time, I want to get close to a 90 average then I'll up the intervals to 10.  Most likely, this is it for today.
Distance=3.0

8/7- Planned rest day but ended up doing a 1 mile untimed junk run.  Did NOT feel well.
Distance=1.0

8/8- AM- 1 mile on Wisteria in 9:43.  This was an improvement over yesterday.
PM- Gold's 3 mile in 27:40 (9:13 pace).  MINUS 30 over triple the distance.
Distance=4.0

8/9-AM- Lakeshore 4 in 34:09 (8:32 pace).  MINUS 41.
PM- Gold's 3 in 23:54 (7:58 pace).  Under the Mendoza line.  Steady pace and needed just a small rally at the end to do it.
Distance=7.0

8/10- COLLAPSE.  The culprit is ....  Wait for it.   CBS/NOS caps.  This is the 3rd consecutive week that I have relapse heading into a weekend.  What is extremely maddening is that in the last 2 cases with the Yucca and CBS/NOS, I actually got better initially after taking them.  If a pill is going to be a NO, I want a quick answer within 1-2 doses, NOT more false hopes.
As for the workout, I knew I was in trouble early when I was struggling for an 8 minute pace in the first quarter mile.  Called it quits after just 1 in 8:42 with a rapidly slowing pace.  Got home and confirmed that it was indeed the CBS/NOS caps.  I was considerable worse after just a trace more so scratch the whole weekend.  I have no choice but to go with the stable formula and accept the low energy.
Distance=1.0

8/11- AM- Vestavia Mile in 9:26.  No comment needed.

PM- Repeated the morning session and in a somewhat encouraging development, my time is down to 7:52.  I was 2:00 each of the first 3 laps give or take a fraction then finished with a 1:51.  Nothing to celebrate but a MINUS 94 is nothing to sneeze at.

I cheated yesterday and today but I may not have a detox reaction tomorrow.  2 days per week is usually okay.  Any more than that is asking for trouble.  3 straight days is definite trouble.  As for the CBS/NOS caps, there's a chance that they will be tolerated occasionally but I'm probably better off not messing with it.
Distance=2.0

8/12- AM- Gold's 3 in 23:30 (7:50 pace).  Did what I planned to do.  No significant detox reaction so I should be okay going forward in that regard.  Even pace but not a whole lot left at the end.  Something still does not feel right.

PM- 1 Mile on Wisteria after taking a pinch of CBS/NOS.  Finished in 7:15 with even splits despite an uphill back half.  The pinch of CBS/NOS did not seem to hurt me and may have even been slightly beneficial. 
Distance=4.0

I'm going with the stable/low energy formula to begin next week.  I predict that my times will hover right around the Mendoza line without the CBS/NOS.  Then, I will improve on it but there is a VERY FINE LINE with taking too much.  I'll have to start with a pinch and gradually build up.  Yasko did warn that this could happen so a glimmer of hope remains.

No comments: