Monday, September 24, 2018

Training 9/24-9/30

9/24- AM- The big questions were answered.  Just a couple small ones remain.  It was obvious upon rising that I needed BOTH Paramin and Liver Beef.  No interval tests needed.  Took 2 Paramin and 1 Liver then tried another Vestavia Mile.  Time was down to 7:47.8 (MINUS 41) but still didn't feel all that great.  Popped another Liver pill and though I didn't have time for another Mile, it was clear that it helped.  Sprinted a 200 in an impressive 33.5 seconds (4:28 pace) so no doubt that another Mile would have been MUCH faster.
Reaction:
Took 2 of each and I'd say that's the best I can do right now.  I won't exceed 2 but I'd like to see how I do on 1 of each.  The synthetic B-12 is no longer needed because I get enough with the Liver.  The molybdenum may be cut out as well.

PM- Just a junk run inside on a nasty weather day.
Distance=3.0

9/25- Unplanned rest day.  Tried 1 Paramin and 2 Liver.  Much better after taking the 2nd Paramin.  I've also found that ANY sugared drink (even non-caffeinated) will trigger a relapse.

9/26- AM- 2x800.  Tried 1 Paramin and 1 Liver- 4:25
2 of each- 3:35.  MUCH better.  However, by the afternoon it was clear that molybdenum is indeed necessary.  Just a trace of it made things better in the evening.  Tomorrow, I may have a full deck.
Distance=1.0

9/27- AM-Operating at what I presume to be a full deck, I managed a Mile in 6:37.9 at Vestavia.  Not sure about my splits because it was still dark but I know my last lap was 92 and I hit a pain zone that I rarely feel nowadays. That's a good feeling.  Can't be disappointed because this is my best time of the year but something still feels a little off.  I was hoping for close to 6:20.  Odds are that I should up my Liver to 3 or hope for gradual improvement by staying at 2.  I may need to temporarily up my adrenal support as well.  I hope to be back out this evening.

PM- Gold's 3 in 24:52 (8:17 pace).  Definitely weakened by extra Liver.  Even pace but no power or energy.  I've got to go with 2 Liver and 2 Paramin and hope for gradual improvement.  Another idea is to up my Sarcosine.  I'm not sure if there is anything I can do that would result in a radical change.
Distance=5.0

9/28- THIS IS NUTS!  Workout was a lame 3 miler on Lakeshore in a time of 25:32 (8:31 pace).  Began with no adrenal support and was at 12:28 for the first half, which was comparable to yesterday evening.  Took a stimulant and it was clearly not the answer.  Slipped to 13:04 on the back half so I was significantly worse but it was not a night vs day difference.  I would expect similar results with the suppressant.

In a stunning turn of events, I felt considerably WORSE after just a few sips of Sprite (non-caffeinated) and dumped the rest of the can.  Then, I got BETTER after taking a trace of Zinc, which was disastrous just a week ago.  Extra Liver didn't hurt. I can only assume that Zinc will only work if I cheat.  Otherwise, it is to be avoided.  Makes no sense to me.  I will go without it and just hope for gradual improvement.
Distance=3.0

9/29- AM- Seaside Mile in 9:43.  Extreme detox reaction.  Barely made it to the bathroom after I finished but felt better afterwards.

PM- Repeated the Seaside Mile and my time was all the way down to 7:26 (MINUS 2:17).  I often feel better after swimming in the ocean because the water is chock full of minerals.
Distance=2.0

9/30- Attempted to run 10 at Vestavia but had to settle for 5 in 44:55 (8:59 pace).  I was doing reasonably well through 3 in 26:13 but crashed hard after that.  Mile 5 would have been approaching 10:00 if not for a rally in the last lap.  I blame the Powerade because I was significantly worse after drinking just a sip after Mile 3 and got "worser" after drinking more after 5.  All sugared drinks are NO NOs now.  I thought Powerade would be okay because it's non-carbonated.  Wrong.
Distance=5.0

No comments: