Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Signs of Improvement

Here are my last 4 workouts:
-1@ 8:48
-3@8:08
-3@7:33
-4@7:31

Similar developments have occurred in the recent past but there is a bit of a different feel this time.  Today was especially encouraging.  I actually made a conscious attempt to slow down to the 8 minute range but got in the groove and decided to roll with it.  I had plenty left and could have gone a bit faster.  I actually bore somewhat of a resemblance to the Crazy J of old.

I woke up at 5:30 AM feeling pretty decent but opted for an extra hour of sleep.  When I got up the second time, I felt considerably more over-stimulated.  This tells me that the adrenal spike remains and it could be awhile before it calms down.  Not a surprise there.  I'm sticking with 4 Thym-Adren.  DMG could be the key.  I still feel and perform my best on at least 1000 mg but if I happen to exceed that dose, it won't hurt me.  Exceeding 4 Thym-Adren probably does hurt me.

How do I feel in my workouts?
That's a difference as well.  In the recent past, my cardio system had plenty more to give but the legs had no power.  Now, the reverse is true.  I do have power and energy but I am easily winded.  Although I feel my energy is there and can recover quickly, my cardio just can't keep up.  I believe that aspect will improve once the adrenal spike calms down.  When that happens, I will not tire as easily and coupled with improved fitness, I will see further improvements.

Improvements will continue but at a slower rate.  The goal for Mercedes is a sub-7 pace for 5K, which would bring me home in 21:42.  With steady training at 35-40 MPW, I have no doubt that I can go well under 21 minutes.  Under 20?  VERY tall order.  That's probably the equivalent of a 19:30 for a 30 year old.  ANOTHER RELAPSE WILL BE DEVASTATING!

One last observation:
Caffeine is pretty well tolerated but alcohol makes me feel considerably worse.  That does makes sense because alcohol shuts down methylation.

No comments: