Saturday, January 5, 2019

Temporary Adrenal Spike

I saw this one coming but it still hurts.  This is the 3rd straight weekend that I have been unable to run.  I had hoped to run the half at Mercedes this year but I don't think I'll have enough training so if I am to participate in the weekend races, it will be the 5K.  What happened yesterday?

I woke up feeling pretty decent after the DMG kicked in but by mid-afternoon, I was fading badly and did not even attempt a junk workout.  Fortunately, I knew from experience exactly what was happening.  I got home and popped 2 Thym-Adren pills (adrenal suppressants) and was noticeably better immediately but still in no condition to run.  This is a common occurrence whenever a MAJOR problem is solved.  It happened with the Sarcosine and it happened with the DIM.  It will be 4 Thym-Adren pills until further notice.  How long will it last?  I was surprised that last time, it only lasted about 2 weeks.  I hope this one will be quick as well.

There is probably one tell tale sign that sustained improvement is coming.  I've had horizontal ridges on my thumb nails since the sharp decline began in 2015.  This is often a sign of organ damage due to toxic metals.  If the methylation pathway is now fully opened as I suspect it is, the nails will begin to grow out over the next 6 months.  The lower part of the nails should be clear and I should notice within 1-2 months.

In non-running news, I am closing on a condo next Thursday barring any unforeseen pain in the ass with the lenders.  It's just up the road from my current apartment.  I just want equity and to stop paying rent.  It's well within my budget so I expect that I can pay it off within 10-15 years.  Maybe even less if I get another promotion at work.  I am eligible next year and yes, work has been going well lately.  If the weather is warm enough, I will celebrate with a Miami/Keys trip the next weekend.

Update:
I did run this afternoon and struggled for a sub-9 in the Mile.  Finished in 8:48 running loops around the Vestavia HS parking lot (track was closed).  It will be better tomorrow.  FINALLY, the sun has broken through after several days of rain.

No comments: