Monday, February 10, 2020

Training 2/10-2/16- Race week

2/10- Intervals at Gold's 3x4 laps.  Same distance as Montreat but with turns and no hills.  The CBS/NOS DID come in the afternoon as expected.  That's a relief.  Without it, I can't finish a half mary.  I was awful all day but felt better immediately after taking it.
Opener on 1 CBS/NOS- 2:37.1 (7:51 pace)
Add Taurine- 2:29.8 (7:29 pace).  MINUS 22
I expected to fall off considerably after Taurine but no, I was actually better and it was enough to be considered significant.
2nd CBS NOS- 1:59.1 (5:57 pace).  That was YUGE!  After just 2 doses, I'm right back to where I was last Friday.  Added a half mile cool.
Distance=1.5
Reaction:
If only the pills came on Saturday, I would have been able to finish the long run.  This blip was my fault for not re-ordering until I was out.  I still believe that I've got this under control.  Again, what is the definition of "under control"?  Nothing that I eat or drink will cause a relapse AND if I forget to pack a key pill for a long weekend (3-4 days), I won't feel significant ill-effects.  A full week without it is another matter.  Lastly, if I do experiment with a pill that turns out to be not good for my chemistry, I'll get nicked a little bit but a SINGLE dose will not trigger a reaction.

2/11- 2 miles at Gold's in morning.  Finished in 15:04 (7:32 pace).  Splits were 7:31-7:33 so that's a lot better in holding the pace.  Can I hold a respectable pace for 13 miles?  I doubt it.  Added a half mile cool.
Distance=2.5

2/12- Flew to Salt Lake City and drove to Moab.  3 mile hike in Arches NP with a few spurts of running.  I'm counting it.  The hike was just as hard as a run.
Distance=3.0

2/13- Planned rest day.  Kinda wish I did a junk run in Moab.  There is a nice paved trail with beautiful scenery.

2/14- Junk run in the parking lot at Page, Arizona just to keep the legs moving.  Don't know the exact distance but I figure about 1 mile give or take a tenth or so.  No complaints.
Distance=1.0

2/15- Sun Half Marathon in 2:10:xx.  I was on pace for a sub-2 through 8.1 miles then it was a death march.  Managed a minor resurgence in the last mile. 
Distance=14.0

2/16- Planned rest day.  Back to Birmingham.

-22 miles on the week

No comments: