8/3- More observations from yesterday:
Caffeine enhances methylation. Thus, the need and tolerance for MF is reduced. Alcohol has the opposite effect. It's probably best to steer clear of both.
My opener was a 73, which was MUCH BETTER than the 93 that I managed just 2 days ago. 3 Thym Adren had minimal impact (72). Hmm.
Took the same 2500 dose of MF that appeared to be optimal yesterday. It did help but it only brought me down to 60. By comparison, I did a 51 just 2 days ago on a slightly higher dose. Extra Thym Adren did nothing. I was actually slightly worse at 62. Figure that a Mile time trial would have been in the high 8s to low 9s once again. If I had only taken 1500 instead, I almost certainly would have been better.
Another 400 of MF made it much worse so I didn't even try the real workout.
Distance-1.0
Reaction:
It should be safe to reduce the Thym Adren. It's good that I didn't collapse from taking too much. I was only slightly slower. As for the MF, I don't know. Am I really trending down or was it because I consumed caffeine yesterday? Maybe come Wednesday, I will know for sure.
8/4- No opener. Went out on 1200 MF and only 3 Thym Adren. Came through the first half mile in a pathetic 5:45. Popped another 400 and was down to a less horrible 5:08 for an overall time of 10:53.
Most definitely NOT trending down! The caffeine messed up the balance for sure. At 1600, I was not even close to the optimal dose.
Distance-1.0
Update: Noticeably worse after taking a 4th Thym Adren pill. Maybe that's why I was so slow this morning.
8/5- Went with 1700 MF and NO Thym Adren. Vestavia Mile and improved to 8:52. Splits were 2:13-2:17-2:15-2:07. Big improvement over yesterday but not even close to optimal. I have a strong feeling that Thym Adren needs to be eliminated. I'll take 1 pill this evening to confirm but it will be after my date. Also, does Thym Adren still hurt on mega MF or is it a non-factor? I'll find out tonight.
PM- Opener in 65 and actually hoped to go downhill from there. I was not disappointed. 800 extra MF plus caffeine and I slipped to 82. Just 1 Thym Adren and I was "worser" with a 90. I am 90 percent sure that Thym Adren must be eliminated but that may change when I am off caffeine. The MF dose fluctuates based on my diet.
Distance-1.5
8/6- Planned rest day. Thym Adren hasn't fully cleared. Felt a bit jittery in the evening. ADHS was tolerated. That's a relief. I don't feel comfortable eliminating all adrenal support.
8/7- Unplanned rest day. Caffeine really spiked the methylation.
8/8- Lakeshore 1 Mile in 11:58. Withdrawal hit much sooner than usual. Good news is that the MF dose is back up to normal. Passed half mile in 6:19 then improved to 5:39 after popping extra MF. Might try again this evening.
PM- Half mile at Montreat in 4:56 (9:52 pace). Much better than the morning session. Once again, I got a boost from an extra 400 MF. Splits were 1:47-1:39-1:30. Popped the pill at the 1/3 mark.
Distance-1.5
8/9- NIGHTMARE! Hoped for 3 miles and barely finished 1. Time was likely over 12. Culprit this time was LACK of Thym Adren.
Confirmed: Caffeine caused the intolerance to Thym Adren. Being off it, I either experienced a temporary adrenal spike or a more permanent condition. I'll know for sure by the middle of next week!
Distance-1.0

No comments:
Post a Comment