Monday, July 27, 2020

Enough with Corona


My Maine/New Hampshire trip is most probably OFF due to corona.  I’ve had ENOUGH of this!  What started out as a 2-4 week lockdown to “flatten the curve” and prevent overwhelming the health care system has dragged on into its 5th month with no end in sight.  In Maine, any visitor who is not a resident of a New England state must self-quarantine for 14 days or provide proof of a negative test that is less than 3 days old.  Essentially, I’d have to get tested 3 days out and run the risk of a false positive, then leave the day that I get the result.  I may be required to present proof of the negative test to get a hotel room with an Alabama ID.  If I get pulled over with a rental car, I could really be in trouble if disobey.  That leaves South Dakota as the only chance to pick up a new state for the rest of the year.   

The mask requirement in a grocery store, airplane or even a shopping mall is understandable.  A convenience store when it’s just myself and the clerk, who is behind plexiglass? Not so much.   At Domino’s Pizza, you have to pay by credit card over the phone.  The employee brings the pizza out, puts it on your hood and leaves.  Customers are not allowed to enter the store and employees cannot even touch credit cards even if they are wearing gloves.  The most ridiculous rule of all is for restaurants and bars.  All customers who enter must wear a mask but as soon as your drinks come, you can take it off.  Technically, you are supposed to put it back on in between bites and sips but that’s not enforced.  

As for work, I am still not allowed in the office nor can I meet with clients or even pick up records to bring back home.  I do answer an occasional phone call from a taxpayer with a question about rules and laws but outside of that, I just sit on my ass and look at a blank computer screen.  I cannot blow it off because my boss could announce a conference call on short notice.  E-mails are sent with read receipts attached and are expected to be read within 15 minutes.  I will confess to a couple of transgressions in which I took slightly more than 1 hour for lunch. 

All of this is over a virus with a survival rate of 99.6% with 40% of cases being completely asymptomatic.  For a person who is under 50 and still paper healthy as I am, it’s more like 99.95%.  I’m NOT saying that it is a hoax, nor do I deny that people are really getting sick and dying.  I’m certainly not going to do anything stupid to put myself or others at risk.  I’ve heard of a crowded house party in which the host was known to be infected in Tuscaloosa.  That is STUPID!  Still, fears are WAY overblown and IMO, it’s long past the time to re-open pretty much everything.  My only exceptions would be spectator sports and live concerts.  Protests and riots have been allowed to continue for going on 2 months and in some cases, it’s actually encouraged by Leftist leaders.  Cancelling a small-mid sized race while allowing the violent protests is LUDICRIOUS!   Sweden went through a couple rough months in April and May because they did NOT lock down but now, the deaths have pretty much stopped.  Herd immunity has kicked in.
  
I’ve heard lots of conflicting reports about hydroxychloroquine.  A lot of fake news sources say it’s ineffective and potentially harmful.  Others say it’s a life saver.  The truth is that it must be combined with Z-pak and Zinc to be effective.  When used properly and taken during early onset, outcomes tend to be very favorable.  It is also safe to prescribe on an out-patient basis too so there’s no worry about overwhelming the system.  If the media reported that, it would vindicate Trump and we can’t have that.  I’ve also heard a promising report of a cholesterol drug that reduces symptoms to that of a bad common cold.  If treated effectively, the survival rate could increase to 99.8%.  When will things begin to get back to normal?  If Biden wins, I predict the news coverage will suddenly stop and we’ll be back to normal by January 2021.  There is talk about a mandatory vaccine, which could be both ineffective and unsafe especially for me with the defective enzymes.  I believe I have a FAR greater risk of long-term complications from the vaccine than the virus itself.  What happens if I refuse it?  I probably won’t be thrown in jail, but I could lose my job and may be barred from international travel.  Again, all of this over a virus with a 99.6% survival rate.    

I tried to point some of this out on a Congressman’s FB page.  Predictably, I was attacked by leftist trolls.  In a textbook example of the regressive left, I was called an inbred hick because I live in Alabama and was told to go back to my trailer and stop screwing my sister.  This person is probably ultra-sensitive to political correctness but will stereotype southerners without a second thought.  I’ve dealt with their ilk many times before.    I was asked how could I be cool with 140K deaths?  I’m not okay with that at all.  If Cuomo and others protected the most vulnerable in nursing homes, the death count would not be nearly that high.  I also believe that the death count is greatly inflated as is the current spike in cases.  A study in Palm Beach, Florida concluded that among corona labeled deaths, just 30 percent died exclusively of the virus.  The rest died of unrelated issues such as a motorcycle wreck or co-morbidity.  I’ve also heard that a fruit tested positive because of a contaminated test kit.  Baseball player Joey Gallo was tested 4 times in 7 days and twice alternated between positive and negative.  Incredibly, I’ve heard several reports of people who signed up for a test but backed out because of the long line yet were informed of a positive test that they never took.  There is clearly a hidden agenda and I’m afraid it will take a miracle for Trump to win re-election.

MAJOR UPDATE:
A large panel of doctors just touted the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine when combined with Z-pak and Zinc.  Wouldn't it be great if there was a simple and relatively inexpensive cocktail of drugs that would sharply reduce the already low mortality rate?  Suppose the mortality rate dropped from 0.4% to less than 0.1% with very little need for hospital stays.  Science can explain how it works.  In that case, open up the whole damn economy as well as international travel!  I'm sure that you don't want it but if this is true, the virus would be no big deal.   Just take the prescriptions and rest at home for a week or two if need be.  There will be no need for a vaccine under this scenario. 

Instead, leftists who claim to believe in science, are pulling out all the stops to discredit these doctors and calling it fake news.  While I have not had good luck with doctors myself, I trust their evidence a lot more than that of politicians.  Should we not be rooting for a drug that is effective and eliminates the danger as well as the need for a vaccine?  The same people who are working feverishly to discredit these doctors insist that a vaccine is the only way to re-open America.  How do you not see a hidden agenda here?  I predict that doctors who speak out will get death threats.  Please DO NOT BE SILENCED!  

No comments: