Monday, July 27, 2020

Training 7/27-8/2

7/27- Repeated the Lakeshore 6.5 and my time improved from 75:03 to 69:33 (10:42 pace).  No cause for celebration but a significant improvement thanks to probiotics.  Now, let's keep up the steady progress.  I don't have to see noticeable improvement from day to day.  Only week to week with no relapses.
Distance=6.5

7/28- Not up for steady 6 milers at this stage so I backed down on the distance.  Did 3 miles at Crestline.  Hoping for a low-9 pace, I actually broke it with a time of 26:42 (8:54 pace).  Figure that if I repeated yesterday's run, it would have been another 30-45 seconds faster per mile.  Keep chipping away.  Added a half mile cool.
Distance=3.5

7/29- Repeated the 3 mile distance this time on Lakeshore.  My time was down to 26:12 (8:44 pace).  I was hoping for a little better than this but I'll take it.  Cut off another 30 seconds in just 1 day.  Can't be too upset with that.  Keep chipping away.  Long term goal is a sub-21 5K.
Distance=3.0

7/30- Lakeshore 5 in 48:46 (9:45 pace).  Not real pleased with this one but at least I finished.  Probably would have been around 10:00 pace for 6.5, which is still a lot better than 3 days ago.    Dialed back the effort but still hoped for a 9:15 ish pace.  I held it for the first half (23:21) but slipped to a 25:25 on the back half.  Interestingly, I was WORSE after popping an extra probiotic pill.  Was it the pill or the lack of fitness for the 5 mile distance?  I confirmed it to be the former when I got home but was noticeably better after taking extra Taurine.  Hmm.  I may need some sort of ratio to feel best.  I don't like that.
Distance=5.0

7/31- Dreaded intervals at Montreat.  I was very poor in the opener.  Worse on Glutathione alone but MUCH better on both Glutathione and probiotics.  Also, I confirmed that the more I take of each, the worse it gets.  2 of each probably won't be much different than 1 but any more than that and I'll really struggle.
Distance=1.0

8/1- Junk run at Charleston harbor.  Same pattern.  Weak opener, worse on Probiotics alone.  Better on both together. 
Distance=1.0

8/2- Elective rest day.  No running on the beach.

-20 miles on the week.  I'm okay with that number.  I don't want to increase too quickly.

No comments: