Thursday, February 18, 2021

Training 2/15-2/21

 2/15- 1 mile junk run this time in the morning near the hotel.  Ran this one on the same road as the Ironman Start/Finish.  Moderate effort brought me home in 7:48 on a route that included a tough climb at the end.  Not bad.  Just want to maintain some level of fitness.

Distance=1.0

2/16- I may be cheating by counting this but it was a 3 mile hike that included 2400 feet of elevation change.  I didn't run it but it was a real workout.  

Distance=3.0

2/17- Flight back to Atlanta.  Planned rest day.

2/18- Elective rest day.  Jet lag is easing up a bit.  Good enough for a junk run but I'll save it for tomorrow.  

2/19- Lakeshore 2.5 in 22:18 (8:55 pace) plus a half mile cool.  Still recovering from jet lag but didn't feel too awfully bad.  1st half in 11:09, 2nd half in 11:09.  How about that!  It won't be great but I may be up for going long tomorrow.

Distance=3.0

2/20- 10 miles in 97:34 (9:45 pace).  Most important thing is that I made it.  My pace fell off a cliff after a respectable first 5 miles.  (45:36-51:58).  9th mile was over 11 minutes before a mild rebound at the end.  A half marathon today would probably be around 2:10 but I believe I can do better.  I'm not fully recovered from the trip and I don't think I took enough Lactoferrin given that I loaded on TRS.  If I can manage 3 tomorrow, that's 20 on the week.  This was my longest run since October of last year.

Distance=10.0

2/21- I had nothing today.  Too sore from yesterday.  I am neither surprised nor disappointed.  Probably didn't gain any fitness from this but I did manage to total 3 miles naked.  Did 3 laps at Montreat this morning then another 6 in the afternoon.  I was slightly better in the afternoon so I may deliver a non-terrible workout tomorrow.

Distance=3.0

-20 miles on the week.  YTD- 130

No comments: