Monday, February 8, 2021

Training 2/8-2/14

 2/8- Hoping to run 6 @ 8:30ish.  Ended up with 5 miles in 42:20 (8:28 pace).  This was a case of a run that looks better than it is.  After a strong start, I struggled again in Miles 3-4 before a decent rebound at the end.  1st half- 20:56, 2nd half- 21:24.  Still, not bad overall.  I'm sure that I beat my 10K split (54:37) from Saturday but don't think I could have held an 8:45 pace for 8 miles.  Added a half mile cool in which I was barely moving.  Took my COVID test this afternoon and it wasn't bad.  I hope I get the results back before I leave for Atlanta on Wednesday night.  This is a front loaded week but I still hope to hit at least 20 for the next 2 weeks.  Passed 100 miles on the year.

Distance= 5.5

2/9- Tried to run without ADHS and it was not pretty.  2 miles in 19:46 (9:53 pace) plus a cool at glacial pace.  I REALLY don't like being this dependent on one pill.  I've held off on the blood donation until I get back.  That may help slow down my adrenals.  No test result yet.

Distance=2.5

2/10- A lunchtime junk run was all I had time for today.  Ran it naked but it was ugly again.  I'm going to have to make up the shortfall in Hawaii and hope there are some decent places to run near my hotel.  Still hope to get at least 20 the next 2 weeks.  Tested negative so the trip is a GO.

Distance=2.0

2/11- Travel day.  Arrived in Hawaii

2/12- 2.5 miles on the 'mill at the hotel.  That's about all I can stand to do on that machine.  I will likely fall short of my weekly target but that's not the focus this week.  Held a steady 8:30 pace with a strong kick at the end.  Just about my norm despite a bit of jet lag.

Distance=2.5

2/13- Volcanoes National Park junk run.  Totaled 1.5 miles on relatively flat but uneven terrain.  Slow pace but it was hard to pick up speed on that trail.  My days are busy and I usually don't get back until after dark.

Distance=1.5

2/14- Kua Bay.  1 mile junk run but it was up a steep hill then back down.  Finished in 9:11 with the first half in 5:00 followed by a 4:11 back half.  Not as bad as it looks.  The climb was FIERCE then I had to brake going down rather than just let loose.

Distance=1.0

- 15 miles on the week.  YTD- 110

No comments: