Monday, February 22, 2021

Training 2/22-2/28

 2/22- I keep reminding myself not to worry about the paces right now.  Just focus on getting decent mileage.  At this stage, that's a weekly total in the 25-30 range.  Do that consistently and the times will come down.  It's hard to stay positive on a day like this.  3 miles in 29:36 (9:52 pace).  True, 5 of these plus a long run will get me to 25 but this was really not good.  Started off in the low 9s and finished in the mid 10s.  Aimed for 4 miles but had to cut it short.  Good news is that I was noticeably better after taking extra ADHS after I got home.  Most likely, I just need to increase that dosage.  Hopefully, the blood donation next week will help in that regard.

Distance=3.0

2/23- Well. I found the culprit.  Once again, it AIN'T MY FAULT!  I had been taking Curcumin from NOW Foods.  I had to switch brands because it was out of stock.  Guess what, the brand that I chose triggered a reaction!  Just my luck!  I confirmed it when I got home.  Almost certainly, it contained an added ingredient that I just can't tolerate.  One or two days on it will weaken me but it won't be debilitating.  Taking it every day over the long haul is another matter. Fortunately, I found a good brand that will work as a substitute from a local food store.  The workout was just 1 mile and I cut off the watch in disgust.  Time was over 10 minutes.  I should be better tomorrow.

Distance=1.0 

2/24- 2 miles at Veteran's Park on a crystal clear evening.  3 laps around the lake in a time of 17:52 (8:56 pace).  Much better than yesterday.  This probably translates to 8:45 on Lakeshore because of the slow gravel trail.  Didn't expect to set the world on fire because I'm still clearing out the bad Curcumin but this was a LOT better than yesterday.

Distance=2.0

2/25- This is really getting ridiculous.  Took 3 ADHS in the morning and it clearly was not enough.  1 mile in 9:54 plus a half mile cool.  Again, noticeably better after taking ADHS after getting home.  Blood donation next week.  They had better let me donate.  Worried that I could be denied because I went to Cancun over Christmas.

Distance=1.5

2/26- Loaded on ADHS right before the workout.  I was better but not by much.  Lakeshore 2.5 in 24:09 (9:40 pace).  Again. the pace fell off rapidly on the back half.  I was at 11:25 at the turnaround then slipped to a 12:44.  The culprit is likely Lactoferrin.  Yesterday's medicine has become today's poison.  Nothing should surprise me anymore.

Distance=2.5

2/27- I knew that I could not go long today so I didn't even try.  Confirmed last night that the Lactoferrin in the culprit so I had to wait for it to clear.  1 lap at Montreat took me 3:20 (10:00 pace)  then I was slightly worse with just 1 Lactoferrin (3:27/10:21 pace).  By mid-afternoon, I was better (2:49/8:27 pace) but still in no condition to go long.

Distance=1.0

2/28- I cannot tolerate TRS without Lactoferrin so I went with neither this morning.  I was beyond awful.  Over 12 minutes for just 1 mile.  Took 1 Lactoferrin with TRS afterwards and felt noticeably better but so disgusted that I'm not going back out.  I'm going to have to go with low dose TRS plus Lactoferrin going forward.  May add back a small amount of Probiotics.  

Distance=1.0

-12 miles on the week.  YTD- 142.

Time is running out.  It looks like once again, I'll be heading into a race totally unprepared.  Only 5 weeks out now and next week's outlook is not much better.

No comments: