Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Off Thym-Adren

 

I know that I’ve said this since 2010 but I really believe that by the end of the month, I will see a resolution to my health issues one way or the other.  After 2 years of living hell on the TRS, I believe that almost all of the toxic metals are out.  I also believe that I’ve fixed my gut issues thanks to Lactoferrin and Probiotics together.

I already know that I can get by without methylation support for several days without any noticeable ill-effects.  I will try to get off those pills permanently.  This way, I will only take ADHS, TRS, Probiotics, Lactoferrin and possibly Curamin.  I’m sure that I would collapse if quit all my pills but what I described above is a manageable cocktail.  Moreover, I think that there is a good chance that if I went without any pills or TRS for a long weekend, I would not be horrible in my workouts.  That is all I ever wanted out of this: a manageable cocktail without extreme dependence on any one pill with good to adequate energy levels every day. 

While the sensitivity to almost all my pills has been reduced or eliminated, all it takes is one exception to make my life miserable.  Right now, that is Thym-Adren.  As is often the case, the adrenals spike after you solve a major problem, but it is only temporary.  A couple of weeks ago, I needed mega doses of Thym-Adren just to function.  Up until Easter Sunday, I still needed it but at a very specific and much lower dosage that was trending down on a daily basis.  Take race day for example.  If I had taken 1 fewer pill, I bet I would have been 10 minutes faster but if I had taken 1 more pill, I’m not even sure I could have finished without a lot of walking.  Yesterday, I reacted VERY badly to just ONE PILL.  I thought about going down to a half today but decided to quit altogether and go back to the ADHS (modulator).  I expect that I will struggle this week as my body clears it out, but I should be up for decent workouts by the weekend.  The REAL test will come on Monday after 2 days off pills.  Can I get through a 3 miler in a non-horrible time without a massive fade at the end?  If the answer is yes, there is a good chance that I am in the clear.  

Still, there are a few other questions that need to be answered.

What about the methylation supps?  Can I pitch those bottles, or do I need an occasional dose for maintenance?  Even if it is the latter, it’s still manageable.  I’ll probably only “need it” once or twice a week at the most. 

What about the Thym-Adren?  Taking a bad pill for several days SHOULD cause significant ill-effects but I am interested in how I react to a single dose.  Sometime before the end of the month, I will take just 1 Thym-Adren pill again.  The best-case scenario is that I feel a little sluggish but can still get through a standard issue workout.  An extreme reaction to a single dose is NOT a good sign even if it moves your chemistry in the wrong direction. 

Fitness?  I turn 41 years old in the Fall, so I’ve accepted that I won’t be able to do the stuff I did 10 years ago even if healthy.  Still, if I am able to do steady training at 30-40 MPW, it won’t be long until I am back to respectability.  For my talent level, a reasonable expectation for a 35-55-year-old in a half marathon is 1 hour plus your age.  I did run a 1:34 at age 34 despite being unbalanced and we’re talking about a loss of about 4.6 seconds per mile every year after that.  When you get to be pushing 60, most people fall off drastically and often drop out of the sport.  Anything that I get beyond that is a bonus. 

What if an extreme need for something else pops up?  It’s probably over and it will be one thing after another.  I’ll never recover, and it will only get worse from here.  I’ve signed up for Minnesota next month and Maine in August.  That takes me up to 49 states with only Hawaii to go.  Who knows when there will be a live race in Hawaii and will I need a “vackseen” to get there?  I’m going to finish this challenge even if I have to walk but after that, I’ll be limited to 10Ks and below.  I knew that would happen eventually but hoped not for another 15-20 years.  In all likelihood, I will be alone for the rest of my life as well and with COVID, even the freedom to travel could be restricted.  I’m not sure we will ever reach herd immunity with the variants and we’ll just have to deal with it.  I do predict that it will become less dangerous over time just like the flu.   

No comments: