Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Training 4/5-4/11

 4/5- 1 mile shake out run at Veteran's Park in a robust 11:38. Granted, I am still a bit sore from Salisbury and I'm still recovering from the trip but I should be better than THIS!  I cut my dose from 2 pills down to 1.5 today and it's still too much.  I felt pretty decent on 1 pill yesterday but was much worse after my 2nd dose.  Just 2 days earlier, I held a semi-respectable pace for 8+ miles on 2 pills.  Now, I could not run at all if I took even another half pill.  

Distance=1.0

4/6- AM- 2x half mile at Montreat.  Opened with a slightly less horrible 5:24 WITHOUT pills then slipped to OVER 6:30 WITH JUST ONE PILL!  That does it.  I'm not going down to half a pill tomorrow.  I'm off Thym-Adren, hopefully for good.  I'm very uneasy that just 1 pill makes things so much worse.  Maybe, after a couple weeks off it, my reactions won't be as strong.

Distance=1.0

4/7- First day off Thym-Adren was no sudden miracle but it was an improvement.  2 miles on Lakeshore in 20:52 (10:26 pace) with splits of 10:33-10:19.  I expect significant improvement tomorrow.

Distance=2.0

4/8- 3 miles on Lakeshore in 27:23 (9:08 pace).  2nd day off Thym-Adren and I got about what I expected.  I knew that I would not set the world on fire today but I cut 78 seconds off my pace while going 50 percent longer.  I'll take that any day.  Of course, the rate of improvement will slow but for the millionth time, if I can just avoid a relapse, I am on the road back to respectability.

Distance=3.0

4/9- Continued steady progress.  Another 3 mile on Lakeshore this time including South Lakeshore.  Time is down to 24:52 (8:17 pace).  MINUS 51.  This projects to a sub-26 5K so I am within 1 minute of the Mendoza line.  No cause for celebration but this is encouraging.  Monday is the BIG day and we shall see how I do after a pill free weekend.

Distance=3.0

4/10- No need for a Monday trial.  The attempt at going pill free failed on Day 1.  The outcome was not immediately clear.  I felt reasonably well through 0.6 miles then collapsed and turned around at 0.75.  Totaled 1.5 miles in 15:15 (10:10 pace).  If I had waited until the afternoon, the outcome would have been known before I started.  Perhaps the time that I can get by will increase with time.  

Distance=1.5

Reaction:

Given the choice, I would much rather fail as a result of NOT taking a good pill than fail because I took a bad one or too high of a dose.  This is especially true when a formerly good pill becomes a bad one a few days later.  Methylation pills remain tolerated but not very effective.  It still remains to be seen if they can be pitched or must be taken occasionally.  Also, TRS alone didn't seem to do anything.  However, the pills that I NEED EVERY DAY are Lactoferrin with the Probiotics.  Only after taking those 2 did I begin feeling better.  Perhaps in time, I will not be as dependent but even so, this is still an acceptable outcome IF THE DOSE REMAINS CONSTANT!  My demands are hardly unreasonable.   

4/11- After yesterday's disappointment, I was not mentally up for a longish run today so I went with an easy 2.5.  Finished in 20:43 (8:17 pace).  Carbon copy of Friday.  Exact same pace and I'm sure that I could have held it for another half mile.  Took all the required pills this morning but none of the optional ones.  Perhaps I get a small boost from the methylation.  Of course, I want to do better but if this is the new normal, I can accept it with a stable formula.

Distance=2.5

-14 on the week.  Need to get to work now that the formula is set.





No comments: