Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Training 4/26-5/2

 4/26- 1 mile worth of strides in Selma.  No times.  Really just messing around but I'll be glad I did this at the end of the week.  Essentially a rest day but I get credit for 1 mile.

Distance=1.0

4/27-AM- Half mile on no pills in 3:41 (7:22 pace).  Pace felt comfortably hard at 7:30 then sprinted hard in the last 80-100 meters.  This bodes well for a successful pill free weekend next week.  

PM-Johnny's workout for the first time in a LONG time.  It was 6x400 with 1 800 in the middle.  I averaged 92 on the 400s (6:08 pace) but in a disappointment, only managed a 3:33 on the 800.  I would guess my time in a Mile would be 6:30-6:45.  I did close with an 84 so that wasn't bad.

Distance=4.0

4/28- The pattern continues.  Since the blip related to NADH, my workouts have not been completely horrible but my legs just don't have much spring and bounce.  Today was the same.  5 miles in 44:55 (8:59 pace).  I was under 9 all the way but it took a bit of a push in the last half mile to shore it up.  About the same as last Sunday's long run only 3 miles shorter.  Perhaps yesterday's speed session took something out of me today.  Once again, I would have been over 2 hours in a race setting but better than the 2:08 in Salisbury.  

Distance=5.0

4/29- Trak Shak 3.5 in 30:13 (8:38 pace).  A little better than yesterday.  Shorter distance but this route was more difficult so it's probably a wash.  I'll take it.  Need 10 this weekend to hit 30.  Added a half mile cool.  Struggled in Mile 3 but rebounded at the end.

Distance=4.0

4/30- Lakeshore 3 in 25:55 (8:38 pace).  Exact same pace as yesterday but a slight negative split.  After a slow start, the pace was around 8:30 for the last 2.5.   Again, I felt about the same as usual.  I'm not collapsing but still feel like I'm in a funk.  PLEASE NO MORE PILLS!  NO MISSING PIECES!  Indeed, I will attempt a pill free weekend and am unsure of the outcome.

Distance=3.0

5/1- FAIL!  I knew it before I even got up this morning so I didn't even try.  It appeared earlier that CoQ10 would be okay for me to take.  No significant benefit but no harm either.  WRONG!  Just like NADH, I can handle an occasional pill but not with any regularity.  That may explain the funk I've been in this week.  It does make me feel a little better that I still have a chance by rolling with the current formula.  I will still attempt going without Probiotics and Lactoferrin but I'm not liking my chances.  I'm cheating today and I kinda have to get through the day.

PM- 1 mile on Montreat in 11:16.  That's 1 less mile that I have to do tomorrow.  1st half in 5:56 then finished with a less horrible 5:20.  

Distance=1.0

5/2- Positive steps.  2 miles at Veteran's Park in 18:48 (9:24 pace).  I'd never be pleased with a run like this under normal circumstances even if I am clearing out a bad pill but this one is different.  With the exception of the confirmation dose of CoQ10, I took ZERO pills yesterday and ZERO this morning yet still made it through the planned workout.  Last time I tried this, I failed on Day 1 and collapsed before 0.75 miles.  Today, I managed to pick it up a bit on the back half (9:31/9:17) and could have gone longer.  Tomorrow is BIG!  No pills until the evening tomorrow.  I don't have to set the world on fire.  I just want a non-horrible 3 miler with something left at the end.  Unfortunately, the weather looks iffy all day.  I am prepared to run in the rain if need be.

Distance=2.0

-20 miles on the week.

No comments: