Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Training 4/12-4/18

 4/12- Interesting observation.  I was MUCH WORSE after drinking a juice based caffeinated beverage.  The same stuff actually HELPED me when I was coming off Thym-Adren.  It only has 4g of added sugar.  This time, the required pills did not help though extra after the workout made me feel a little better.  Never had a good pace and it got much worse with every step.  Totaled 1 mile in 11:04.  Day 1 on water only tomorrow.  PERHAPS I won't be as dependent on the Lactoferrin and Probiotics now.

Distance=1.0

4/13- As expected, no sudden miracle but I was considerably better.  No major withdrawal symptoms, which is good.  That may hit tomorrow.  Did 2 miles at Veteran's Park in 19:36 (9:48 pace) with a slight negative split.  I'll try for 3 tomorrow before it rains.  Time is running out to get in shape for Minnesota.

Distance=2.0

4/14- Mild withdrawal this morning but it really wasn't THAT bad.  I won't list the AM workout but came back in the evening and repeated the 2 mile distance.  Time was down to 18:30 (9:15 pace) with splits of 9:20-9:10.  Again, can I avoid a relapse?  The only type that I am willing to accept at this point is a need for methylation.  

Distance=4.0

4/15- Unplanned rest day.  Adrenals have spiked again.  Not a huge surprise.  This spike won't last as long.  Back on Thym-Adren but only for 1 day.  The last time I tried to go sugar free, I became intolerant to Probiotics then could not tolerate any sugars at all after that.  That's not acceptable.  An occasional juice drink should not trigger a relapse.  This was before the Lactoferrin so it may not happen again.  If it does, it's all over.  As I said before, the resolution is coming ONE WAY OR THE OTHER.

4/16- Good news all around.  Not a significant difference (15 per mile) after taking Lactoferrin and Probiotics this morning.  I was noticeably better by the evening.  Repeated the 2 miler at Veteran's Park and my time is down to 16:56 (8:28 pace).  Not much of a kick at the end but maintained a very even pace.

Distance=3.0

4/17- Quarter marathon in 61:02 (9:19 pace).  I'll take it.  This is about what I expected today.  In my last 3 races, I was on pace through 8 miles then collapsed.  I bet the same thing would have happened today and I finish around 2:10 for a half.  Found a decent rhythm in the midsection after a slow start but faded in Mile 6 (9:40) before a rebound at the finish.  Added a cool.  I didn't think I was ready for double digits and I was probably right.  Next week, I will try for 10.

Distance=7.0 

4/18- Woke up in the morning and it was immediately apparent that a key pill was missing.  Turns out that it was Methyl Folate plus TMG.  1 mile worth of intervals, which warrants a separate post.

After I straightened that out, I went to Veteran's Park for an easy 2 miler just to hit the weekly minimum quota.  Finished in 17:18 (8:39 pace) going the opposite direction, which made little difference overall.  Slightly slower than Friday but the effort was dialed back and I was coming off a 7 miler so that's okay.  

Distance=3.0

-20 miles on the week.  I've managed to hit that total with a fair amount of regularity.

No comments: