Monday, May 17, 2021

Training 5/17-5/23

 5/17- 2 mile recovery jog at Veteran's Park.  Finished in 19-flat (9:30 pace) with a even pace.  Meh.  Didn't really care.  Just wanted to get a couple miles in.  The new molybdenum pills did come and they were not very effective but I didn't feel any worse.  Interestingly, the Manganese DID seem to help a bit.  I might go for it tomorrow.

Distance=2.0

5/18- I said that I might try Manganese today.  I didn't have a choice.  I have an insatiable need for it and the deficiency has been exposed.  Opened with a quarter mile in 2:41 then dropped to 2:26 after Manganese for an even 60 second improvement per mile.  The real workout was beyond pathetic.  1.5 miles in 17:08 (11:25 pace) with splits of 8:05-9:03.  I expect to be better tomorrow but it will take time for my system to adjust like usual.  Gaps will diminish but it will take a couple weeks before I can get by without it.

Distance=2.0

5/19- AM- Opened with a 1:56 half lap at Montreat then fared NO better on CBS alone.  Only Manganese helped.  

PM- After 3 pills, I was better than yesterday.  2 miles at Veteran's Park in 19:47 (9:54 pace) with splits of 6:50-6:31-6:26.  I know what to expect going forward.  I might have a window of 2-3 days before the next relapse hits.

Distance=2.5  

5/20- Lakeshore 2.5 in 21:51 (8:44 pace).  A big improvement over yesterday.  I think I can reduce the dose a bit.  Probably translates to around 9 at Veteran's Park but it was 25% longer.  I'll take it but I know I will face caffeine withdrawal this weekend then another issue will flare up next week.

Distance=2.5

5/21- Hated interval workout at Montreat.  Opened with a 3:26 (10:18 pace) then fared no better on all my pills minus the Manganese.  The latter brought me down only to a 2:35 (7:45 pace).  MINUS 2:33.  I really thought my ceiling would be higher.  Then, caffeine made things WORSE and nothing that I took seemed to help.  Withdrawal will be tough this weekend but the dependence on Manganese should fade considerably.

Distance=1.0

5/22- Forced rest day.  Withdrawal was severe.  Spent much of the day in bed.

5/23- As expected, the adrenal spike has hit hard.  Did intervals at Lakeshore.  With all the pill including CBS and Manganese, I managed only a 4:43 for a 0.4 mile loop.  Improved to a 4:21 after 3 ADHS pills (adrenal modulator)  MINUS 55.  That's a significant improvement but not a night and day difference.  

Distance=1.0

-11 miles on the week

No comments: