Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Training 5/24-5/30

 5/24- 2 miles on Lakeshore plus a warm and cool.  Finished in 19:22 (9:41 pace) with even splits (9:39-9:43).  Very weak effort but compared to yesterday when I could only manage an 11 minute pace for just a half mile, I'll take it.

Distance=2.5

5/25- Chromium arrived yesterday.  That's another pill that I had to try because it gave me fits when I was in my prime.  I thought the deficiency may have re-appeared like the Manganese but fortunately, the Magnesium seems to have solved the Chromium dependence.  I was hopeful that it would have little effect and yes, I can consider that true.  My time actually got slightly worse with a 19:42 (9:51 pace) but a PLUS 10 is not enough to be considered significant.  There was no crash later in the day and I expect no severe need tomorrow.  I'll just pitch that bottle.  I had to try it.  When I got home, I found that I was noticeably WORSE on extra Manganese but BETTER on extra ADHS (adrenal modulator).  I was slightly worse today because both the Chromium and Manganese are mild adrenal stimulants.  My adrenals have spiked after coming off caffeine.  I'll go down to 1 Manganese and increase the ADHS.  Thym-Adren may help but I prefer not to go that route.

Distance=2.0  

5/26- Went with no Chromium, less Manganese and more ADHS.  I did see improvement.  Time was down to 18:30 (9:15 pace) for the same 2 mile distance.  MINUS 36 is enough to be considered significant but I really was hoping for and expecting better than this.  I have 2 options going forward:  Reduce the Manganese to occasional use only to stave off the deficiency and remain on ADHS.  OR  Stay with the Manganese and go back to the Thym-Adren.  I can almost guarantee that when I figure this out, something else will pop up.

PM- Interesting.  Only did 1 lap at Montreat plus a short cool.  I was 1:32 at the half, popped an additional Manganese and repeated the 1:32 for a 3:04 finish (9:12 pace).  I was fractionally better WITH extra Manganese but it's not significant either way.  Perhaps it is not as strong of a stimulant as I thought.  It may very well be that once the Mn deficiency is gone, the fast oxidation symptoms kick in and the ADHS is not strong enough, at least for now.

Distance=2.5

Update:  Overstimulation from extra Manganese kicked in HARD a couple hours later.  The occasional use option remains viable.  

5/27- Did not even try today.  My system has completely REJECTED the Mn.  Again, the same stuff was absolutely necessary just 1 week ago.  Nothing surprises me anymore.  The 2 options remain:  Mn with ADHS but the Mn only 1-2x per week  OR Mn plus Thym-Adren.  I may have to go back to Thym-Adren regardless and have already ordered it.  Once again, a pill that I thought I no longer needed has become a necessity.

5/28- It appears that I need the Thym-Adren.  Not even going to try until it arrives so I'm shutting it down for the week.  Once again, I need caffeine to stay functional and face another round of withdrawl.

- 9 miles on the week.

No comments: