Friday, July 9, 2021

Training 7/8-7/18

 7/8- Lots has gone on since I last posted.  In short, my adrenals have SPIKED something awful but in THEORY, I have a path to balance.  Today was one of my worst performances on record.  1 mile on Lakeshore in 13:32.  OUCH!

Distance=1.0

7/9- AM- Lakeshore 2 mile in 22:56 (11:28 pace) with even splits (11:31-11:25).  That's a BIG improvement.  Doubled the distance and increased the pace by more than 2 minutes.  I'm not taking any more Thym-Adren during the day and hope to see further improvements this afternoon.

PM-Repeated the same course and my time is all the way down to 19:12 (9:36 pace) with splits of 9:42-9:30.  Chopped off almost 2 more minutes per mile.  Obviously, this rate of improvement is unsustainable but I will enjoy it while it lasts.  

Distance=4.0

7/10- 4 miles on Lakeshore in 37:34 (9:24 pace).  1st half- 19:02, 2nd half- 18:32.  I'll take it.  It was an improvement over last time but as I predicted, the RATE of improvement is slowing.  It is clear that the adrenal spike is not going to die down any time soon and I could face another one soon.  In the past, I used to get an instant reaction to pills.  Now, it seems like it's more of a sustained release.  I won't get all the benefits right away but I will feel better by the afternoon.  I'll confirm that next week.  If true, I'd say that's a sign of more stability, which is good.  I'll finish the bottles of CoQ10 and Curcumin but won't re-order.  Both will last a month.  Manganese will only be taken occasionally.

Distance=4.0

7/11- Junk Intervals but that was the plan today.  3x1 lap at Montreat.  Lately, I've been feeling noticeably better in the afternoon and evening versus the morning and I wanted to test that out today.

Opener (no pills)- 2:56 (8:48 pace)

Full pills- 2:20 (7:00 pace)

MINUS 1:48 and I'm pleased with that.  The gap is narrowing.  I bet that by the end of the week, it will become insignificant.  

PM- 2:07 (6:21 pace).  MINUS 39 and it may have been even better if I waited until the evening.  My theory was correct.  It takes time for the pills to fully kick in and I don't get the full benefit immediately, which is a shift from the past.  I was a little disappointed yesterday that I didn't show much improvement from the evening of 7/9 to the morning of 7/10 but I'm sure that the evening of 7/10 would have been a good deal better than the morning.

Distance=1.0

7/12- Very interesting.  Before bed yesterday, I was starting to feel pretty rough and it was not because it was bed time.  Woke up feeling awful.  Took only 3 Thym-Adren pills and it was almost like I took nothing at all.  Opening mile was a pathetic 11:36.  Took 2 more at the turnaround and came back with an 8:24 for an even 20 overall (10:00 pace).  Not sure what to make of this.  MINUS 3:12 after 2 additional pills?   I don't like that.

PM- The morning was it for the day.  Bad weather.  I was a little better on additional Thym-Adren.  BUT the real issue was the lack of methyl B-12.  I need that stuff as a stand alone.  I may need to increase the dose.

Distance=2.0

7/13- Felt AWFUL all day at work.  Junk intervals was all I could do but the result left me hopeful.  

Opener in 2:53 (8:39 pace)

Extra B-12 (methyl and adenosyl)- 2:37 (7:51 pace)

Extra Thym-Adren- 2:18 (6:54 pace).

Yes, the opener was bad but I thought it would be approaching 4 minutes.  It would have been if I did not take 6 Thym-Adren during the day.    Here is what I think is happening.  The Intrinsic factor FINALLY helps absorb the B-12, which is a long-standing problem.  Whenever that happens, I can expect an adrenal spike.  Though it helped absorb the B-12, it also exposed a deficiency in that area.  The fact that I am benefiting from additional B-12 suggests that I am correcting a long-standing deficiency.  Again, that FURTHER spikes the adrenals.  The spike is not going to die down any time soon but eventually, it should be managed with mega Thym-Adren and B-12.

Distance=1.0 

7/14- Woke up feeling pretty rotten and wasn't much better after taking the full dose of Thym-Adren.  Only the B-12 made a difference.  Unfortunately, that triggered more need for Thym-Adren.  Workout was 3 miles in 29:36 (9:52 pace).  That's weak but I did have a negative split.  I was 15:30 at the half and finished with a 14:06.  Mile 3 was a less anemic 9:13.  The difference?  I popped 2 Thym-Adren at the halfway point.  In the future, I will take the B-12 FIRST then Thym-Adren. 

Distance=3.0

7/15- My theory was correct.  The B-12 is needed but it also causes the adrenal spike.  I was less awful when I woke up.  I was around 1:30 on my opener but over 2:00 (12+ minute pace) after the full dose of B12.  I was at 67 (6:42 pace) with both.  Figure that's a SIX minute gap.  That's got to come down.  Good news is that I took the full Thym-Adren and the real workout was better today.  Did 2.5 miles on Lakeshore in a time of 21:18 (8:31 pace) with splits of 10:45-10:33.

Distance=3.0

7/16- Everything is confirmed now.  

Opener- 2:48 (8:24 pace)

B-12- 3:18 (9:54 pace)

Thym-Adren- 2:09 (6:27 pace)

The gap is down to 3:27.  I was very pleased that I didn't react as badly to the B-12 but not as pleased that I didn't gain as much from the Thym-Adren.  Yesterday, it would have taken me over 4:00 on the B-12 alone but when I saw the sub-10 pace, I thought I could go sub-6 on Thym-Adren..  Since I usually don't get the full effect until afternoon, I may have seen a sub-6 pace after work.  As usual, this is how it works with the closing gaps.  The floor rises much faster than the ceiling.  The gap is probabaly down to the low 2s by tomorrow.  That's it for today.

Distace=1.0

7/17-Another failed long run and another new culprit.  This time it was lack of Manganese.  I thought I no longer needed it.  It is obvious now that I do.  Good news is that I can get away with a few missed doses on occasion but not with regularity.  I was shooting for 6 miles today and had to settle for 4 with a time of 42:37 (10:39 pace).  Pace was in the low 9s through the first 2.4 miles then collapsed HARD.  Mile 4 was over 13 minutes.  Popped just ONE Manganese pill shortly after I got home and was better immediately.  I may try again tomorrow.

Distance=4.0

7/18- AM- Tried again and failed again.  2 miles in 24:52 (12:26 pace) with Mile 2 approaching 14 minutes.  Took 6 Thym-Adren this morning and it was NOT enough.  Something similar happened earlier this week in which 5 pills were almost like taking none at all BUT I was LOTS better after additional doses.

PM- Same thing happened today.  After just 2 more pills, I repeated the 2 miles and my time was down to 17:44 (8:52 pace) with splits of 8:56-8:48.  I'm probably better if I took another but I really prefer not to go that high with the dose.

  If I skimp on the Manganese, I will not be as bad without the Thym-Adren but it will be less effective.  If I stop it altogether, Thym-Adren won't be tolerated at all.  I believe B-12 is driving the adrenal spike but the Manganese isn't causing it.  It reveals the spike.  I'm an extreme fast oxidizer either way but only show the symptoms of it when I take the Manganese.  The only question left is to take the pills all at once or in divided doses?  I'd prefer the divided doses.

Distance=4.0

Update:By the evening, I needed more Thym-Adren.  I MUST take as much as necessary and damn the costs.


-29 miles  

No comments: