Monday, March 4, 2013

Training 3/4-3/10

3/4- Lakeshore run.  Standard issue workout.  Finished 6.5 miles in 48:08 (7:24 pace).  Good job today.  Solid but not stellar.  Mild fade towards the end (23:48/24:20) but that's still 7:30 for the 2nd half.  If this was a numerical grade, it would be 89.5 so I'll be lenient.  Half mile cool.
Grade:A-/1 credit/distance=7.0

3/5- Moderate 3 mile progression indoors in 20:04 (6:41 pace).  Never hurting.  I believe I could have run 30 ticks faster per mile which would be near a PR.  First full day on just 500 mg. of C went well.  I have a hard tempo tomorrow and that will determine whether or not I will race this weekend.  It will be the Silver Comet 10K and I really wish I was in tip top shape for this one.  Met with my Bible study leaders one on one and will report more later on that subject.
Grade:A/1 credit/distance=3.0

3/6- Decent tempo overall but it was unconventional.  I learned today that I cannot skip even one dose of Vitamin C so I'm just as dependent on it as I am on the Thym-Adren.  I can get away with missing a few doses here and there with the Paramin and Fructosin but if I make a habit of it, I am in trouble.  I felt great early in the workout but faded badly in Mile 3.  First 3 miles were 6:15-6:18-6:33 for a 19:06 split and passed 5K in 19:55 but it just did not feel right and I was slipping to the 6:40 range so I called it and took a 10 minute rest and popped another Thym-Adren.  I managed to come back with an 11:53 for the final 3K (3:57-4:00-3:56).  Overall time was 31:48 (6:22 pace) but that does not count because of the rest.  Added a cool on the 'mill.  I am going to give it a shot on Saturday with no expectations of a good race.  I have not seen Nick since Denver almost 6 months ago.  Easy tomorrow morning with a 48 hour rest.  I will go back to Ester C and increase the Paramin in the meantime.
Grade:B+/2 credits/distance=6.0

3/7- AM. 2 miles at standard effort.  Time is pretty much meaningless at this short of a distance but it was 14:15 (7:07 pace) with a 7:00 for Mile 2 with no more effort.  I wanted to get in 4 but got a bit of a late start.  I may run 2 more this evening but it will be junk pace, probably on the 'mill or Wisteria.

PM- 2 miles on Wisteria at junk effort.  I only did this so I could hit 35 this week without a double digit run.
Grade:B/1 credit/distance=4.0

3/8- Planned rest day.  I hope to leave early for Atlanta.
Update: I got a call from the doctor's office and the medical report is on the way.  I expect to receive it on Monday.  I did not want to know the results over the phone with a race tomorrow.  No radical changes before race day.  I'm sticking with the ascorbic acid form of Vitamin C until Sunday but will continue the increased Paramin.

3/9- Increased Paramin is not going to work. Jury is still out on Ester-C.  I was just a sliver away from being 100% at race time.  Finished the Silver Comet 10K in 40:58 (6:35 pace).  Under 41 is an "A-" but this was a fast course so this is a very lenient grade.  Guarantees a win this week.
Grade:A-/4 credits/distance=7.0

3/10- Trak Shak 8.  I was strugg-a-ling all the way but did manage to hold a sub-8 pace through Mile 5 then ran out of energy and treated the last 3 like a cool down.  My watch died at Mile 7 and my time was in the low 57s so figure about 8:20ish for the overall pace.  I've now seen enough to declare the Ester-C to be a failure.  Good call to wait until after the race to find out.  I've been lenient all week so I've got to be tougher on this one even though it was the day after a race.
Grade:D+/1 credit/distance=8.0

Weekly summary:
Not overly impressive but good enough for win #6 on the year and the cumulative mark is creeping closer to 3.0 despite the big hole from the 4 week losing streak.  Hope to hit the speed hard now that the weather is warmer.  Current formula is 1 Paramin, 8 Thym-Adren, 2 Fructosin, 500 mg of C (ascorbic acid).  The latest medical report will be posted next week.
Distance=35.0/ GPA= 33.4/10= 3.34
YTD: 383 miles/ Record: 6-4.  GPA=28.34/10= 2.83

No comments: