Sunday, April 14, 2013

Training 4/14-4/21

4/14- 10 miles in 75:49 (7:35 pace).  That's within the range so I will not complain about this one.  Route was the regular 9 mile Trak Shak loop plus 1 mile on South Lakeshore.  Pace slowed in Mile 4 but from that point on I held it pretty well and stayed in the 7:45ish range the rest of the way.  Ran it early in the morning, which proved to be a good call because the weather turned nasty by mid-morning.
Grade:B/2 credits/distance=10.0

4/15- I sure hope they catch that SOB that bombed the Boston marathon and I want him executed.  In honor of Boston, I ran my standard Lakeshore 6.5 at GMP and finished with a time of 46:50 (7:13 pace).  I was out fast with a 10:35 at 1.5 then proceeded to run the last 5 @ exactly 7:15 pace and the splits were even.  Thym-Adren dosage is back down to 6 and I am okay with that.  Felt pretty good overall.  It wasn't a walk in park but it wasn't hard either.  I'm pleased with this one and it looks like I may break the losing streak. Half mile cool.
Grade :A-/1 credit/distance=7.0

4/16- Will's speed session.  It was 2x1000 at slightly better than 5K pace followed by 4x300 HARD.  I like the combination of short and long intervals and like the group as well but these workouts need to be a little more challenging.  We only did 2 miles worth of intervals and I'd like to see 3ish.  Either 3x1000 or 6-8 300s.  I was pleased with my splits.  1000s were 3:44 and 3:43.  300s were 54-54-55-52.  R was 1 min. between 300s and :90 between the 1000s but a 5:00 R after the 2nd 1000.  Pace was 5:58 on the 1Ks and a strong 4:48 on the 300s.  1 Mile warm and 1 Mile cool.
Grade:B+/2 credits/distance=4.0

4/17- Special Pray for Boston run at the Trak Shak.  This was rather forgettable on my part.  Went out hard but did not have a tempo in me.  Backed off after 1.25 but still finished 5 in 35:55 (7:11 pace) in humid conditions.  Not a bad run but I felt out of whack and as a test, I took half of an additional Thym-Adren and got worse.  I will try to go down to 5 and hope to stay there.
Grade:B+/1 credit/distance=5.5

4/18- Easy 6 indoors in 44:56 (7:29 pace).  Pretty strong and relaxed most of the way in spite of some lingering groin and hamstring pain.  Even pace with a slight slow down in the last quarter mile.  Dosage continues to trend down.  5 Thym-Adren pills today and it still felt like it was too much.  Still not sure why it went up after taking the Fructosin consistently.  I really don't want to have to get prolo for the groin/hamstring but if I have to, so be it.
Grade:B+/1 credit/distance=6.0

4/19- Planned rest day.  I might end up doing a few strides to see how I feel on a lower dosage.  I will try to do a quick tempo tomorrow morning before I leave to visit the family.

4/20- 3 mile tempo was all I had time for.  Indoor route in a time of 19:39 (6:33 pace).  Splits were 6:25-6:37-6:37. Mediocre performance.  I was on target for a 5K in just under 20:30, which would be a "solid C" in a race setting.  Tempo runs are a little more lenient and I probably would have been mid-high 33s for 5 miles.  In another MASSIVE SHIFT in chemistry, I took no Thym-Adren this morning  and felt worse after taking a half pill after the run.  More details to come.  Trip to see the parents.  I probably won't have time to run tomorrow and if that's so, I've done just enough to win this week.
Grade:C+/2 credits/distance=3.5

4/21- As expected, I did not have time to run.  I needed to sleep in after yesterday's trip.  I remain off the Thym-Adren and still feel a bit sluggish.

Weekly summary:
Not very impressive but good enough for a win.  I did manage a double digit run, a speed session, a short tempo and 2 GMP runs.  Nothing great this week but nothing horrible either.
Distance=36.0/ GPA= 27.5/9= 3.06
YTD: 598 miles.  8-7 with a 2.73 GPA.

No comments: