Thursday, November 21, 2013

Preview of next medical report

My last results were as follows:
Ca: 30, Mg: 3, Na: 85, K: 31.  All other minerals were fairly balanced except selenium, which was very low.
Key ratios:
Blood sugar:
30/3= 10.0
Thyroid:
30/31= 0.97
Adrenal:
85/3= 26.33
Vitality:
85/31= 2.74
   The blood sugar and vitality were pretty good but the thyroid and adrenals were beyond awful.

I expect radical change this time around.  One confession to make is that I have been cheating a bit on the sugar and caffeine restrictions but I really don't think it's hurting me all that much.  My sugar tolerance has greatly improved since taking more magnesium.  I abstained for a whole week before Huntington and the Thym-Adren dosage still trended down.  As of now, I've been forced off it again, probably due to the magnesium supplementation.  What will happen if I stop taking the Mag for a few days?  I will probably have to go back to the Thym-Adren but not at mega doses. 

At any rate, the hair sample has been cut and sent to the lab and the results should come within 2-3 weeks.  Any predictions?  I will first go over some negative possibilities, which if true, spell the end of me as a serious runner:
1. The biggest fear as always is adrenal fatigue.  That's unlikely.  When I was at my low point in 2006, I didn't have any good days.  As badly as I have struggled, in this month alone, I have done a sub-20 5K as well as 2 long runs of 13.1 and 14 miles, both at paces south of 7:20.  Very doubtful that I could do that with full blown adrenal exhaustion.  I am talented but anyone who can do that with severe adrenal disease would have to be a world beater when healthy.
2. Basically the same as last time.  That's also not likely.  I took mega doses of Thym-Adren for almost 2 months.  Whenever I have done that before, it lowered the Na and K nicely.
3. Modest improvement in key ratios with a severe deficiency in another mineral, which may not be easily corrected.  That may not be a killer for me even though it does mean another 2 front war until further notice.

Predictions:
I want and fully expect the Na to be under 50 and the K under 15.  I would not be surprised to see a Na value in the 30s and a K closer to 10.  If those 2 values are below 30 and 10, it would fully explain the intolerance to Thym-Adren, which is designed to lower both and keep the ratio in line.  I expect the Cal to be over 30 if not higher.  Again, I could not take the Cal with the Thym-Adren.  As for the Mag, I do expect it to be a little low this time.  I was hoping for a 5 or at least a 4 but I stopped taking it for 6 weeks when I went back to the Thym-Adren.  I would be okay with a 3 but really don't want to see another 2.  Since I came off the Lithium in 2010, I have never had a Na/Mg (adrenal ratio) below 15.  I think I have a good chance to be under it this time.

My dream:
I want to be off the Thym-Adren and simply take the Cal/Mag for preventative maintenance.  Only by doing that and having it confirmed by a good medical report will I declare myself to be in the clear.  I can then FINALLY pursue my dreams.

My nightmare:
I have to deal with this all my life.  All my dreams of a book deal, working a job in my passion and the least of my concerns, running goals will all die.  I may have small victories here and there but will continue to get worse as I age.  Marriage will be out of the question.  I will struggle with my job.  As my body gets more and more out of whack as I get older, I will be vulnerable to serious diseases.

No comments: