Monday, November 18, 2013

Training 11/18-11/24 (possible race)

11/18- AM- 3 miles in 22:48 (7:36 pace).  That's still BAAAAUHD!

PM- Same old tired 3 mile but my time is down to 20:53 (6:58 pace) with splits of 7:03-7:02-6:48.  A nice improvement and a decent showing on a planned easy day but I would have been mediocre at best in a race setting.  This only projects to about a 21:35 for a full 5K.  I predict that I will improve for another 2-3 days then collapse late in the week.  Down to 4 Thym-Adren.  Weight remains at 160.
Grade:B/1 credit/distance=6.5

11/19-Unplanned rest day.  Feel HORRIBLE again so there's no use even trying to run.  I must cut the Thym-Adren down to 3, which did not work as recently as last Friday.  I REALLY don't want to go under that dosage.  I cut the hair sample today and plan on mailing it tomorrow.  IT BETTER BE GOOD.  If the results are bad, I'm shutting down and officially give up hope.

11/20- 1 mile all out in 8:42.  Can't get much worse than this.

PM- Only slightly better.  2 miles on Lakeshore in 16:12 (8:06 pace).  Only positive was that I managed a sub-8 on the back half after popping a Mag pill.  Magnesium isn't hurting me.  Thym-Adren is.  Down to 2 pills tomorrow.
Grade:F+/1 credit/distance=3.0

11/21- Went radical and cut out Thym-Adren altogether before the morning workout and showed marked improvement.  3 miles in 22:13 (7:24 pace).  Popped 2 magnesium pills after a 7:31 1st mile and again, I managed to turn it up a notch afterwards (7:21 pace for last 2).  The magnesium isn't hurting me now.  The Thym-Adren is.  I popped only 1 Thym-Adren after getting back home and tightened up quickly.  I expect to suck this evening.  New update post is coming.

PM- 3 miles in 23:26 (7:49 pace).  I expected to take a step backward after taking the Thym-Adren.  If I had taken the same 3 pills as yesterday, I would have been MUCH WORSE!  Even pace and did not really struggle but had no power in my body.
Grade:C/1 credit/distance=6.0

11/22- AM-Gold's 3 at tempo effort in 20:45 (6:55 pace) with splits of 6:56-6:57-6:52.  Can't get much more even than that.  Felt noticeably better today and I remain on just a low dose of magnesium.  I will experiment with Vitamin E and manganese to rule out mineral deficiencies.

PM- Lakeshore 5 at easy-moderate effort in 37:55 (7:35 pace)  Again, splits were nearly even.  Nothing under 7:30 or over 7:40.  This was run on a warm evening with a light mist just before a big cold front will hit.  I'm skipping the 5K tomorrow and the weather is iffy anyway. Clinched a 2.25 GPA on the year.
Grade:B/2 credit/distance=8.0

11/23- Tried some Vitamin E last night and had a swift negative reaction.  I was willing to endure a rough day today to rule that out.  I have 2 more pills that I need to try down the road to rule out other deficiencies.  Workout was Gold's 3 in 23:36 (7:52 pace) with a hard fade in Mile 3.  Hoping to go long tomorrow.  Added a cool.
Grade:C-/1 credit/distance=3.5

11/24- Trak Shak 1 and 9 route in 70:58 (7:06 pace).  Again, reminiscent of the Crazy J of old.  Even if I slipped to 7:20 pace over the last 5K, I still would have run 1:33:xx. for a half mary.  Finished with a hard fought 6:48 last mile.  No pills except for 2 Magnesium malate in the morning.  I will try just a trace of manganese just to see what happens and hope it clears by tomorrow.
Grade:A-/2 credit/distance=10.0

Weekly summary:
Lost again but got a couple moral victories and maintained my overall GPA.  I have seen improvement after being off Thym-Adren but it's not as dramatic as it was in the past.  Of course, I'll know a lot more when the medical report comes in.
Distance=37.0/ GPA= 20.4/8=2.55  

No comments: