Monday, November 25, 2013

Training 11/25-12/1

11/25- Manganese is NOT the answer.  That leaves me with only 2 other pills to try.  Easy 5 in 39:26 (7:53 pace).  It has not fully cleared but I did what I intended to do.  Pleased that I managed to hold on my 5 instead of 3.  Faded in 2nd half (19:30/19:56) but managed a sub-8 on the back half.  I won't have many chances to run this week because of travel and bad weather.
Grade:C/1 credit/distance=5.0

11/26- Easy 3 at Gold's in 23:07 (7:42 pace).  Not good.  I felt no better than yesterday.  I did manage to keep the pace even but would have faded in Mile 4 and 5.  I suspect that drinking 2 Screwdrivers last night (OJ) was the culprit.  I cannot take Vitamin C with Magnesium.  I expect a modest improvement this evening

PM- As expected, I got the modest improvement.  3 miles in 22:07 (7:22 pace) for an even 60 second improvement.  I did manage a 7:14 "kick." SO WHAT?  That is unsatisfactory on a planned tempo day and this week, I won't be able to make it up later.  Yes, it has been confirmed that OJ was the culprit.  On the mega Thym-Adren with its full DV of copper, 500 mg of C was absolutely necessary.  Without the Thym-Adren, it is toxic!
Grade:D+/2 credit/distance=6.0

11/27-Planned rest day.  Travel day.  Do I tough it out and run a few miles in foul weather or do I wimp out in the next few days?  The gym is not an option and neither is the 'mill.

11/28- Naked 2 mile junk run (no watch) in sub-freezing temps with high winds.  My Dad said that I was crazy but y'all already know that.  It was miserable out there and I wasn't feeling great but I get points just for being out there today.  Very lenient grading.
Grade;B/1 credit/distance=2.0

Update: Endodren (adrenal stimulant) is NOT the answer!  I cannot take either Thym-Adren OR Endodren! The only other experiment to try is to go off the Mag for a few days to see what happens. I expect to be forced back to Thym-Adren but not at mega doses.  It's looking more and more like Mag alone is the best solution right now. Let's say the medical report shows my Na and K levels at about 55/20.  That would be an improvement over the 85/31 last time but does not explain the Thym-Adren intolerance.  I can try another brand of a thymus based supplement.  I expect to suck tomorrow and may even take the automatic "F" for not even trying the workout.

11/29- 3 mile junk run.  Did not feel well at all but I got through it. No watch.  I will be back in Birmingham on Sunday.
Grade:C/1 credit/distance=3.0

11/30- 2 mile junk run on the 'mill in 15:22 (7:41 pace).
Grade:B-/1 credit/distance=2.0

12/1- Attempted a tempo and it was horrible.  2 miles in 14:58 (7:29 pace).  I believe that I am taking too much Mag relative to Cal.  Adding some Cal after the run seemed to help.  Prediction:  I will need a specific ratio of Cal/Mag going forward and it too will be a moving target.
Grade:D/2 credit/distance=2.0  

Weekly summary:
SUCKED AGAIN!  If any critics blame overtraining on my ills, how do you explain this debacle?
Distance= 20.0/ GPA= 14.3/8= 1.79

No comments: