Monday, November 11, 2013

Training 11/11-11/17

11/11- Recovery run at Veteran's Park.  Legs felt pretty good.  I opened with a 7:36 first mile before slowing down in the woods.  Stomach was jacked up but that's probably due to the caffeine binge yesterday after the race.  I am off the Vitamin C and took 1 Mag pill with no issues.
Grade: Pass/0 credit/distance=2.0

11/12- Not surprisingly, I am almost as sensitive to the Mag as I am to the Vitamin C.  I thought it might take the Thym-Adren dosage down and it appears that it has.  I will not go under 3 of those pills unless by some miracle, the medical report is good.  Speaking of which, I need to send out that hair sample by the end of the week.  Workout was a total of 7 miles in 53:50 (7:41 pace) but it was divided up at 2.5 in the morning and 4.5 in the evening.  Both times, I started off pretty well but faded near the end and was strugg-a-ling for an 8 minute pace.  The formula will be tweaked.
Grade:C+/1 credit/distance=7.0

11/13- Cut the Thym-Adren from 5 pills to 3 and it wasn't enough.  I believe the culprit is the calcium.  I'm getting enough in the Thym-Adren and will try to stick to around 300 mg. of Mag.  Workout was pitiful today.  3 miles at Gold's in 25:50 (8:37 pace) running nearly all out.  I did manage an even pace (12:57-12:53), which is why I get the plus.
Grade:D+/1 credit/distance=3.0

11/14- Another 3 miler at Gold's.  Time was down to 22:25 (7:28 pace) for an improvement of 3:25 (1:09/mile).  Big woop!  That still sucks!  I managed to hold tempo pace for about a half mile then faded hard.  1st half: 10:40/ 2nd half: 11:45 (7:50 pace for last 1.5).  The improvement was attributed to cutting out the calcium, which likely has not fully cleared my system.  The good news is that taking extra magnesium did NOT make a radical difference.  Went bowling with Chilton and managed to average 100 over 3 games.
Grade:C/1 credit/distance=3.0

11/15- AM- 1 mile at tempo effort in 6:48.  I probably could have beaten last night's time if I went 3 miles but not by a significant margin.  I was fading and did not feel much difference in terms of energy.  3 Thym Adren won't do even on Magnesium.

PM- 5K time trial in 19:48*. Took a 4th Thym-Adren and felt noticeably better but still had room for improvement.  I stopped for about a minute and took a 5th pill from my pocket then found another gear.  Splits were 6:30-6:19-6:19-39.  A sub-20 5K even with an asterisk IS indeed a reason to be glad.  Still, the news is not all good.  The 5th Thym-Adren may deplete with Vitamin C stores and I cannot take magnesium with C.  I'll take care of that when it comes up.  I may continue to trend down on the Thym-Adren and be able to get down to 4 by the end of the month.
Grade:A-/2 credit/distance=4.0

11/16- Lakeshore 5 in 37:44 (7:33 pace).  Sluggish.  1st half in 18:22, 2nd half in 19:22.  I was really strugg-a-ling in Mile 4 and 5 but I did not collapse.  Managed to hold a steady 7:45 pace in the back half.  Not a surprise.  I took the 5 Thym-Adren immediately upon rising after having taken 2 the previous afternoon for a total of 7 in 24 hours.  Too much.  I will try to run long tomorrow but the weather looks a bit iffy.
Grade:B-/1 credit/distance=5.0

11/17- HORRIBLE!  Lakeshore 3 in 27:53 (9:18 pace).  Splits were 8:24-9:21-10:08.  Need to cut dosage and/or take the Mag at night.  I may be better this afternoon but this is an "F"

PM- 3 miles at Gold's in 25:54 (8:38 pace).  2 minute improvement but SO WHAT?
Grade:D-/2 credits/distance=6.0

Weekly summary:
Given that I switched to magnesium and quit the Vitamin C, I did not expect to win this week so I am not too disappointed.  Prediction: I will do well tomorrow on 4 Thym-Adren but for the foreseeable future, I will be unstable and make adjustments almost every week.  It sucks to be me!
Distance=30.0/ GPA= 17.9/8= 2.24

No comments: