Sunday, March 30, 2014

First quarter highlights

Raw stats were 5 wins and 7 losses with a 2.52 GPA and an odometer reading of 390.  Can't say that I am pleased with those numbers but I believe it's the best I've done since Q1-2013.
-Won my first 2 and my last 2 but lost 7 of 8 in between but if not for the hip injury, I'd have decent stats so far.
-Raced only once (Super Hero 5K) while technically still in rehab mode.  Finished in a slow time of 21:09 but it was good enough for 3rd in my age group and got to take home some hardware.
-5 major adjustments but I am left with the same formula that I was taking 3 months ago.  All adjustments can be explained by the medical report.
For any new readers, I was so bad at the end of 2013 due to multiple chemical sensitivity that I nearly gave up hope.  Fortunately, the Hulda Clark liver detox has been a miracle cure for that issue and I opened with 2 solid victories.

Adjustment #1- Adding back the Cal at the end of Week 2.  A common issue with the "hill pattern" on a medical report is decreased Calcium so it makes perfect sense.  My Cal had dropped from 30 to 23 on the medical report (ideal is 40).  It seemed to be working but early in Week 4, hip pain, which had been bothering me since December finally put me on the sidelines for the better part of 3 weeks.

Adjustment #2- Switching from Thym-Adren (adrenal suppressant) to Endodren (adrenal stimulator).  I wasn't running at the time but my energy was shot so badly that I didn't even need to run to know that an adjustment was needed.  This was a bad call.  Although it provided the symptom relief, it took my chemistry in the wrong direction.  The medical report revealed that the copper toxicity over-rode the fast oxidation symptoms.  Fortunately, I crashed after 12 days on it.

Adjustment #3- Switched from the Endodren to ADHS (modulator).  This is what I should have done for #2.  The ADHS is not as strong but will move your chemistry in the right direction regardless of which side of the spectrum you lie.  It was a very good sign that I could tolerate that stuff now because I could not do so before the detox.

Adjustment #4- Back to the Thym-Adren.  The medical report arrived and I knew that the copper toxicity was the problem.  Took some selenium and C briefly but those were just tweaks. This is key to get me back to balance.

Adjustment #5- Cut out the Cal again.  Back on the same formula as I was right after the detox.  Apparently, my Cal has risen to an acceptable level.  This should be a winner and if I am able to stay with it, I could be within the "normal range" by early May. 
EDIT: The Cal was NOT the problem after all.  It's too much Thym-Adren.  Will I have to detox again?  Will I be flooded with copper?  Will I have to switch to the modulator or can I clear the copper with C or selenium?

Second quarter preview:
I'm sticking to the same basic training formula:
-1 time trial or tempo
-1 short interval workout
-1 long run in the range of 12-15 miles
-3 easy runs at "comfortable pace"
Race plans:
-5K in Decatur next weekend.
-Hueytown 5K (local) on 5/10.
Neither of those are definite and I have yet to sign up for either.  I will pull out in the event of bad weather or feeling like crap.
-Blue Ridge half in Roanoke, Virginia (4/26)
-Blue Nose half in Halifax, Nova Scotia (5/18)
Both are confirmed but low-key.  Neither are PR courses and the race is just one of many things I will be doing on the trip.  I won't be too upset if I can't run these.  I just want to go.


No comments: