Monday, March 10, 2014

Training 3/10-3/16

3/10- AM- 3 miles in 23:49 (7:56 pace).  Much improved over yesterday.  Managed a negative split too with 12:10-11:38.  I'm going again this afternoon.  I know exactly what happened.  I am getting rid of the excess copper thanks to the Vitamin C so the over-stimulation is kicking in hard.  Because of that, I can now once again tolerate the adrenal suppressant.  The current formula is a 1:1 Cal/Mag, Thym-Adren and Vitamin C.  That should be a winner.  If my system rejects it, I'll just detox.

PM- Mountain Brook 5 in 36:58 (7:23 pace).  Almost back to normal.  Not sure I had a tempo in me today but probably a decent long run.  Same route as Saturday except that I did the Jemison out and back first, which made for a tough 3rd mile.  Still kept the pace below 7:30 all the way.
Grade:A-/2 credit/distance=8.0

3/11- AM Tried to get up for a track workout but felt too over-stimulated.  I expect to be better by the afternoon.  I've got to take the C in the evening or maybe even lay off it for a few days.  Doc confirmed what I already knew.  The copper toxicity was the cause of the slow oxidation symptoms.  This demonstrates precisely why patients should not blindly seek symptom relief without knowing where they are chemically.  If you do so, it's likely to be ineffective or it could succeed temporarily then leave you worse off than you were before starting it.

PM- AWFUL.  2 miles in 17:xx.  No further comments needed.
Grade:F/1 credit/distance=2.0

3/12- Not much better.  I am off the Vitamin C but managed just 3 miles in 23:55 (7:58 pace) with a hard fought last 1/4 mile to get the sub-8 pace.  My theory is that I have completed the copper elimination and am feeling the full effect of the extreme fast oxidation.  It is possible that the hidden copper toxicity blocked some of those effects in the past.  How else could I get to sub-90 form yet have severe imbalances?  I am talented but not that talented.  It will take time to get in balance and the recovery is slow but I do have hope.  I don't feel much effect from 1 pill, which could be a positive for stability.  I may not feel much difference from day to day but week to week is another matter.  I am likely OUT for Rumpshaker.
Grade:C-/1 credit/distance=3.0

3/13- Just like yesterday.  I was awful when I woke up and only slightly less awful after taking mega Thym-Adren.  Still, my 3 mile time was down to 23:20 (7:47 pace) with even splits (11:38-11:42).  Let's see a sub-23 tomorrow and a sub-22 before the end of next week.  Hard not to be discouraged.  I am now definitely OUT for Rumpshaker.  I won't enjoy it if I can't break 21 and I won't even be close to that.
Grade:C-/1 credit/distance=3.0

3/14- Same ol' tired 3 miler but this time, I was MUCH improved.  Time was all the way down to 21:20 (7:07 pace) and dipped to 6:59 in Mile 3.  I did cut the dosage from 8 pills to 6 and got some new shoes (Karhu Fluid) that I like very much.  I want to see what 2 extra pills does to me this afternoon so I'll be back for a junk session this evening.  Not sure what to make of this just yet.  Still out for Rumpshaker but do think I can get in a double digit run this weekend.

PM- 2 mile junk run on Wisteria in 13:45 (6:52 pace).  The 2 extra Thym-Adren pills did not seem to affect me too much.  On a 3 miler, my time would have been similar to this morning.  That may mean if I miss an occasional dose or take 1-2 too many, it's NO BIG DEAL!   EXCELLENT NEWS!
Grade:B/1 credit/distance=5.0

3/15- 13 miles with the Gnomes and made a break away towards the end.  Finished a hilly route in a time of 1:42:13 (7:52 pace) with a 7:30 average over the last 4 miles.  Good job.  It was the right call to bail on Rumpshaker.  I still believe I would have been well over 20, maybe even over 21.  Need just 6 tomorrow to hit 40 on the week.

PM- Just a 1 Mile shake out run.  No real complaints.  If I feel like backing off early tomorrow, I can do it and still hit 40.
Grade:B/2 credits/distance=14.0

3/16- Gold's 5 in 37:18 (7:28 pace).  Felt GREAT early but the last 2 miles were a strain.  Splits were 18:33-18:45. I'm sure glad I did that shake out run yesterday afternoon.  Solid overall.  I feel low in Cal/Mag so I'm upping that dose and hope to remain on 6 Thym-Adren.  As for shoes, I'm going with the Karhu Fluid as my tempo shoe.  I really liked the Kinvara 2 but am disappointed in the 4 and it will be used only for junk runs.
Grade:B+/1 credit/distance=5.0

Weekly summary:
Hit the mileage goal but the only real quality day was the long run on Saturday.  As I've posted, I believe that I am eliminating the copper, which allows the fast oxidation symptoms to kick in fully.  Improvement should be steady from this point on.  PLEASE no more relapses.  I hope to be at least sub-21 for 5K by the end of next week.  Again, a loss overall but the overall GPA ticks up.
Distance= 40.0/ GPA= 23.1/9= 2.57
YTD: 308 miles. Record: 3-7 with a 2.34 GPA

No comments: