Sunday, July 20, 2014

Back on Thym-Adren and still too sensitive

It was not a surprise at all that I am off the Endodren (adrenal stimulator).  I knew all along that it was just a temporary measure until the cadmium toxicity cleared up.  Though unconfirmed, I believe that roadblock has been cleared. Again, I could see it coming with my times off the pills getting better and better while remaining fairly flat on them.

What is a little disappointing is that I really only had 2 days in which I needed neither the Endodren nor the Thym-Adren.  Also, I did NOT expect the over-stimulation to kick in so hard.  Last Thursday was a planned rest day but if I had tried to run, it would have been HORRIBLE.  Today, I learned that too much Cal/Mag + Thym-Adren will overshoot the balance point and leave me back in a state of fatigue and malaise.  Just as I feared, the window of good health is narrow.  Here's what I mean:
- on 3 Thym-Adren + 250 Cal/Mag- too overstimulated
- on 6 Thym-Adren + 750 Cal/Mag- lethargic

The balance point is somewhere in between.  Do I have a better tolerance for the Thym-Adren or the Cal/Mag?  Complicating the matter is that each Thym-Adren contains 41 mg of Cal and I may need an exact 1:1 ratio of Cal/Mag as I did when on the Endodren.  Here are my options:
#1-6 Thym-Adren + 250 Cal/Mag- That's simple enough.  I'll get all the Cal I need from the Thym-Adren and I'll just take 2 Jigsaw Mag pills.
#2- 3 Thym-Adren + 625 Cal/Mag- Again, it's simple enough.  I'd need 2 Jigsaw Cal and 5 Jigsaw Mag to hit these numbers.

-As I learned in Nova Scotia, the time of day that I take the pills is also important.  I may have to take the Thym-Adren in the morning and the Cal/Mag at night.
-If the magic number for Thym-Adren becomes 4 or 5 pills, I'll have to cut pills in half to at least get close to the 1:1 ratio.
-Of course, if I can get away with deviating a bit from the 1:1 ratio, it would be so much easier.  Today's detox was aimed at that objective.
-A second detox will be done in August.  Then I will get my ceruloplasmin tested again and hope to see a statistically significant improvement.

No comments: