Saturday, July 12, 2014

Liver and Kidney supplements reviewed plus a rant

I suppose that my readers are wondering why I made any tweaks or changes at all after the solid performance at Peachtree and my recent success, including 4 wins in the last 5 weeks.
Answer:
I MUST solve this chemical sensitivity and my experiments this week were aimed at that objective.  If my history is any indication, the current formula will not be a winner much longer.  First off, is the Cal/Mag balance.  Even if taking a 2:1 ratio or a 1:2 ratio moves your chemistry in the wrong direction, a stable person would NEVER see this much difference from a SINGLE dose of a MINERAL.  When taking a glandular, SOME sensitivity can be expected.  Something is obviously off here.  What will I need next month?  Will it be 2:1, 1:1 or 3:2?  How much will I need? Your guess is as good as mine. Moreover, the 250 mg. of Mag that I had been taking is not enough to stave off deficiency.  I need at least 500 to stay in the "low normal" range and 750+ to hit the optimal range of 6.0-7.0 on the Magnesium RBC test. If I cannot tolerate it, I may have to go back on the Fructosin.

Q: I get it.  That type of sensitivity is clearly abnormal but do you know the cause?
A: I have a strong feeling that it is poor liver function, specifically noted by my low ceruloplasmin level and my research does point a finger in that direction.  Again, my value of 17.9 was not low enough to be flagged as abnormal but was 28% below the low end of the healthy range.  I figure that I've got to boost that value up to at least 20, probably 22, before I see much improvement with chemical sensitivity.

Q: How do you improve the ceruloplasmin?
A: That's exactly why I tried adding zinc to my formula as well as Bio Ray Liver Life.  The purpose of the kidney supplement, Renavive was to assist in removing toxic cadmium from my system.  All 3 failed me and I knew within a single day that it was not working because my fatigue and stiff muscles worsened almost immediately and I was crap in my training sessions.  My only hope is to continue the periodic Hulda Clark liver cleanses.  I should do those at least once a month and hope to see my number improve after a few more cleanses.

Q: Why did the recommended supplements fail?
A: I'm not sure.  Perhaps my liver was not strong enough to process them or they caused the toxic metals to be removed from my organs too quickly.  Slow removal will require more time obviously but symptoms will be manageable if the detox is simply allowed to proceed naturally.

Q: What about the Endodren?
A: That's the only good news.  The transition off the adrenal glandular should be smooth.  I am getting consistently faster without it.  When the cadmium toxicity symptoms first appeared, I could not run a Mile below 8:00 without adrenal support.  Now, I've run 5:57 off it compared with a 5:37 on it.  I predict that by the end of the month, I will be slightly slower on the Endodren.  At that time, I will simply stop taking it and SHOULD NOT have any ill-effects.

Now some more insight into life with chemical sensitivity:
Dating:
Out of the question right now.  My only chance is if by some miracle, someone comes along who knows me already and has followed my story and loves me unconditionally in spite of the mood swings.  Not likely.  The older I get, the harder it will be to find someone who has not been married before.

Walks of shame:
Imagine being on a group run and you are halfway through a 9 mile loop.  The first 2-3 miles went okay but your form is faltering rapidly.  By halfway, you know that you are not going to make it and the bonk hits hard with 4 miles to go.  You are forced to walk the remainder with just a few short spurts of jogging. That's very demoralizing and why I sometimes run inside even when the weather is decent.  If this happens with any regularity, what will your running buddies think?  You may be thought of as a slacker for dropping out of the workout or a show boat for going out with the fast group.

My job:
What do you do if you don't feel up to performing your job duties?  You could call in sick.  You could tough it out and do what you can but your mind is not as sharp and reports are more likely to contain errors.  Lastly, you could simply go to work and take it easy, as in doing only simple tasks and saving the important work until you feel better.  No matter which option you choose, you could get in trouble.  While I am not in danger of losing my job, it is frustrating to be less productive than I could be and see younger co-workers get promoted ahead of me.

Friendships:
I did my best to put on a good attitude at Bible study this week but 2 people commented afterwards that I was obviously sick.  Some days are so bad that I simply want to be left alone and will not answer the phone even if it's my best friend that is calling.

Anything positive here:
Yes.  I AM most definitely better off than I was a year ago.  At that time, the Thym-Adren intolerance was kicking in and I could only take it or the Mag, not both.  I lost 29 out of 39 to end the year in 2013 and seriously considered quitting.  Even with the loss this week, I am .500 (10-10) since the hip injury in February.  I have already run faster at the Mile, 5K and the 10K than at any time since the downward spiral really began in March of last year.

No comments: