Monday, October 20, 2014

Training 10/20-10/26

10/20- After a 13 miler the day after a race, I expected to pay for it today.  I DID NOT!  Lakeshore 6 in 43:24 (7:14 pace) plus a Mile cool.  Splits were 21:34-21:50.  Felt strong all the way.  Cut my dose to 3 Thym-Adren and 0 ADHS.  I do not want to go below that unless the medical report is good.  Today proves once again that when symptom-free, I have a tremendous capacity for work.  I expect to be fine tomorrow and may even try a speed workout.
Grade:A/1 credit/distance=7.0

10/21- Vestavia speed session.  3x400- 4x300- 4x200.  Not horrible but a bit of a downer.  Splits were (78-79-80) (56-58-58-57) (34-35-36-32).  I ran this workout over the summer during another symptom free period and ran an overall 4:51 pace.  Today it was 5:02, which is within the 5% range so it's nothing to worry about.  Still, I feel like the pills were off.  I upped the Thym-Adren from 3 pills to 4, which was confirmed to be a bad call because a 5th pill made it slightly worse.  Thanks to the glutathione, I won't be awful if my formula is a little off.  Tomorrow, I am going back down to 3 and may try 1 ADHS in the evening.
Grade:B-/2 credit/distance=4.0
Update:  I've learned that Boron raises ceruloplasmin levels so I'm not out of options if the liver glandular isn't enough.

10/22- Last time I will be able to do the Trak Shak 5 in the daylight until Spring.  It was a good one.  5 mile loop in a solid 32:50 (6:34 pace) plus a Mile cool.  Splits were 16:24-16:26.  Relaxed too much in Mile 4 (6:55) but came back strong with a 6:08 closer.  Strong overall.  I went back to 3 Thym-Adren and didn't feel like it was enough.  Adding a choline/inositol seemed to help.  I'm in good position to win this week.
Grade:A-/2 credit/distance=6.0

10/23- A couple interesting observations.  I was decidedly more stiff after taking more choline/inositol and it got worse after ADHS last night.  It cleared by the evening and I was ready to roll.  Lakeshore 9 in 66-flat (7:20 pace) plus a cool.  Strong overall.  Struggled a little in Miles 4-5 but got a nice resurgence after Mile 6.  I did experiment a little with Gu on the run and the reaction to it was slightly negative.  I'm sticking with H2O and Gatorade on my long runs.  I did this after 2 straight quality days.  I have a phenomenal capacity for work when symptom-free.
Grade:A-/1 credit/distance=10.0

10/24- Planned rest day.  I plan on sticking with 3 Thym-Adren+ Cal/Mag + Glutathione and that's all.  Is this the key formula?

10/25- COLLAPSE yesterday.  The liver glandular is the culprit.  I was actually limping last night and I feared an injury.  It appears that I have dodged that bullet.  3 miles at Gold's in 23:43 (7:54 pace).  Most intense pain was just below the Achilles but it was no worse when running.  That's the way it goes with chemical sensitivity.  I was doing fine up until Thursday then suddenly fell apart.
Trip to Clemson for an evening game.
Grade:C-/1 credit/distance=3.0

10/26- Atlanta workout on the Silver Comet trail.  Strong 13.1 mile performance in a time of 92:39 (7:04 pace).  There was a water fountain at 4.2 so I stopped there and took some Gu.  This time it worked out well for me.  1st 4.2 in 30:02 then ran the next 4.7 in 33:30 and finished with a strong 29:07 over the final 4.2.  I was below 7:00 pace over the 2nd half and yes, I was pushing but I was not wide open all out.  The liver glandular is still not completely out of my system either.  I am still abnormally sore in the feel and my groin has popped several times today.
Grade:A-/2 credit/distance=13.1

Weekly summary:
Now that the liver glandular has failed me, I want to know my ceruloplasmin level NOW.  If it has not risen above 20, the only option left is Boron and Vitamin A.  If it is over 20, will it stay there without the liver supp?  This was win #20 and pulls me to within 1 win of .500.  I'm racing a half in Indy next weekend.  Which Justin will show up?  Your guess is as good as mine.
Distance=43.1.  GPA= 29.6/9= 3.29
YTD: 1,474 miles.  Record: 20-21 with a 2.71 GPA

2 comments:

Paulomaticatron said...

Hi, I'm having the same problems as you regarding ceruloplasmin. I find too much of anything antagonistic to copper doesn't help. What helped me more was some manganese, it raises the oxidation rate and also the adrenals by helping to utilise vit C. It's commonly overlooked. The issue is eating enough protein to bind and utilise the minerals it appears, which is hard to do. I try to take the Mn in a dose similar to what I might get in diet while avoiding copper foods and emphasizing some red meat but not so much as to overload with iron.

Paul

Crazy J said...

Paul. Thanks for the comment. I can't take manganese because my adrenal are overactive. If the liver glandular didn't work, the last option is Boron and Vitamin A.