Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Training 2/9-2/15

2/9- One thing after another.  I can take the necessary pills but now I'm down with the flu.  Running is out of the question for the next few days.

2/10- Feeling slightly better but still not even back to work yet.  A really bad day of adrenal fatigue feels similar to a low-grade flu.  There is no fever and chills but the fatigue, body aches and malaise can be just as bad.
Grade:F/1 credit/distance=0

2/11- Back to work today.  Still very weak and have a dry cough.  Aside from a little bit of hip soreness, my legs don't feel too bad.  Did 2 miles at Gold's in 17:56 (8:58 pace) with a slight negative split.  Got about what I expected today.  I've waited too long for sustained improvement.
Grade:D/1 credit/distance=2.0

2/12- Flu symptoms are almost gone.  Zinc/copper sensitivity is still bad.  Whole food C is OUT.  When it comes to C and zinc, it's got to be both or neither.  I'm going with neither.  Zinc/copper ratio must be PERFECT everyday and I sure hope that my magic ratio is 20:1 (Thym-Adren).  Workout was 3 miles at Gold's and finished in 24:46 (8:15 pace).  Decent improvement.
Grade:D+/1 credit/distance=3.0

2/13- The old better with or without test.  Ran 1 Mile with Thym-Adren at moderate effort and clocked a 7:44.  Popped some ADHS such that the Zn/Cu ratio was about 17:1 and I slipped to over 9 on the next mile with an immediate reaction.  Tomorrow, I will see if a 23:1 ratio does the same thing.
Grade:D/1 credit/distance=2.0

2/14- 2nd and last better with or without test.  1 Mile on a 20:1 ratio and my time improved to 6:56 as the flu virus continues to exit my system.  Popped half a zinc pill and within minutes, I was awful.  Did not even attempt the 2nd mile.  There you have it.  It's 20:1, neither more nor less.  I've got to do something about this.  What will work next month?

PM- I believe that the zinc/copper sensitivity stems from poor methylation so on little more than a hunch, I picked up some dimethyl glycine at the health food store.  It was no miracle cure but it was certainly a positive reaction.  1 Mile on Wisteria and my time is down to 6:47 on hills with the same 23:1 ratio that failed just a few hours earlier.  20:1 is still the "key" but it may not be disastrous if I deviate a bit.  YES!  Time to get back to real training now.

Run #3- Hit the track for another Mile and my time was down to 6:24 with even splits (94-98-98-94).
Grade:C-/1 credit/distance=3.0

2/15- Took Thym-Adren plus DMG and hoped to hit 8 miles today.  Had to settle for 4 in 31:21 (7:50 pace).  Popped some SAM-e (stronger methylator) and got overstimulated so I cut the cool down out.
Grade:C/1 credit/distance=4.0

Weekly summary:
This is my worst start on record.
Distance= 14.0/ GPA= 7.0/6= 1.17
YTD: 202 miles.  Record: 1-4 with a 2.37 GPA

No comments: