Monday, April 10, 2017

Training 4/10- 4/16

4/10- AM- Gold's 3 in 22:08 (7:23 pace) plus a half mile cool.  Good news is that a sub- 7:30 pace is beginning to feel easy again. I could have done 6 easily if I got up earlier. Bad news is I've got a little bit of niggles in my hip and ankle.  Back in action this evening but at a slower pace.

PM- I've had a scare.  The sore ankle got worse in the afternoon and more supplements  (Mag and MF) triggered a relapse.  I may need Cal again.  MF must be limited.  Let's hope it's a 1- 2 day blip but the relapse always happens when hope is beginning to rise.  Grade reflects only the morning session.
Grade:B/1 credit/distance- 4.0

4/11- I could barely walk yesterday afternoon so I was thankful just to be able to run without severe pain.  Junk run in the neighborhood.  2 miles in 19:36 (9:48 pace).  I  don't care about that.  My ankle held up and it appears that's going to be okay.  I need to keep the MF dose below 2000.  Tonight I will load on Mag and we shall see if I need Cal.  B12 and Curcumin remain a NO but that could change down the road.
Grade:Pass.  Distance- 2.0

4/12- Very strange Cato.  Plain Mag triggered the relapse but Jigsaw with the cofactors appears to be okay.  Cal made things worse so that's almost certainly a NO.  Did 1 mile in 11:56 but at least I know the culprit and have nowhere to go but up from here.  I may try again this evening but it won't be significantly better.

PM- I was significantly better than the morning session.  2 miles at Veteran's Park and my time is down to 17:42 (8:51 pace) and the ankle pain is nearly gone.  I expect to be normal for the weekend.
Grade:D-/1 credit/distance- 3.0

4/13- Only marginally better than yesterday.  3 miles in 26:15 (8:45 pace).  My theory is that I need more Jigsaw and less MF.  Very disappointed in this workout.

PM-More Jigsaw resulted in more marginal improvement.  3 miles this time at Heardmont Park on paved and unpaved trails.  Finished in 25:24 (8:28 pace).  I believe I'll be better tomorrow but it's a long shot that I'll be normal by Saturday.  MF definitely needs to be cut.  This stuff also increases the need for Mag.  I know I need more than 1000 but 1400 is enough.  1200 is in the unknown zone.
Grade:D/2 credit/distance- 6.0
-Mileage will be decent this week but it's been all junk so far and will not produce gains in fitness.

4/14- 5 mile loop through Mountain Brook.  Got the significant improvement but still had to work harder than planned to hit pace.  Finished in 39:50 (7:58 pace) with relatively even splits.
Grade:B-/1 credit/distance- 5.0

4/15- 14 miles with many of the old Gnomes.  The group pace worked well for me.  Finished in 1:55:17 (8:14 pace).  Pretty well spent at the end and not a lot left but the splits were very even.
Grade:B/2 credit/distance- 14.0

4/16- 4 mile recovery jog.  Time was 34:44 (8:41 pace).  Not concerned about that but this still doesn't feel right.  Last week's recovery jog felt much easier.  I think extra Mag has DECREASED my need and tolerance for MF, which is the opposite of what is expected.
Grade:C/1 credit/distance- 4.0

Weekly summary:
This was a downer. I will try to find the right balance of Mag and MF.
Distance- 38.0. GPA- 2.05
YTD- 453 miles.  2- 12, 1.99

No comments: