Monday, April 3, 2017

Training 4/3-4/9

4/3- Gold's 5 in 40:46 (8:09 pace).  Figure that I would have been around 42-flat if I stopped at 5 yesterday (actually I was 6@8:28) so consider this a MINUS 15.  Again, I went with NO B-12 and expect that I may not need it for quite a while.  Slow and steady progress again.  By FAR, the most frustrating part of this ordeal is EVERY TIME I THINK I'VE GOT IT ALL SET, SOMETHING UNEXPECTED FLARES UP!  Still. with 375 miles in the first quarter, my distance is pretty respectable even though the record is ugly.
Grade:C+/1 credit/distance=5.0

4/4- Change up. Trak Shak 8 in 65:40 (8:13 pace). Only 4 ticks slower than yesterday despite a hilly route and 3 extra miles. Didn't feel much different than yesterday but on level ground for 5 miles, I think I am below 8:00 pace. Normally, I can get down to 7:20 then I relapse.
Grade:B-/1 credit/distance-8.0


4\5- Gold's 3 in 21:52 (7:17 pace). I continue to get marginally better every day and I bet I could get close to 38-flat for 5 miles. Still not even close to getting my hopes up.
Grade:B/1 credit/distance-3.5

4/6- Gold's 5 in 36:11 (7:14 pace).  Very strong.  I only hoped to get into the 36s today.  I never thought I'd come close to breaking it.  Negative split and I really burned it over the last quarter mile, which was unofficially 88 seconds.  I believe this is my 2nd fastest time at this distance since the relapse.  I need to break 35 to really feel like I'm on my way.   I have a chance at a win with a strong long run this weekend.
Grade:A-/1 credit/distance=5.0

4/7 Planned rest day

4/8 BTC social.  13.1 miles in 1:40:55 (7:42 pace).  Strong.  I was really rolling in the midsection and threw in a few in the 7:30 range.  Tied up a bit at the end with a sore groin and calf but I won't complain.  Just realized this was nearly 10 minutes faster than my first 13.1 training run just 2 months earlier.  The next 10 won't come so easily but I could be competitive soon IF I AVOID THE RELAPSE. Barring a disaster tomorrow, I've got win #2 on the year.
Grade:A-/2 credit/distance= 13.5

4/9- Easy 5 with no watch, also known as naked running.  Still understandably sore from yesterday but had plenty of energy.  Route was the RR social route from Highland park down to the Rotary trail and back up through town.  Held my form on the climbs.
Grade:B plus/1 credit/distance- 5.0

Weekly summary:
Win #2 on the year.
Distance - 40.0 GPA- 3.20
YTD- 415 miles.  2-11 with a 1.98

No comments: