Monday, April 17, 2017

Training 4/17-4/23

4/17- It's safe to say now that the higher dose of Magnesium has FAILED.  Why?  I have no idea.  Methylation should INCREASE the need for Mag, not decrease tolerance for it.
Junk run on Wisteria.  Covered only 1 mile in 9:36 plus a warm and cool.  I'll consider this my rest day on the week.
Distance=1.5

4/18- AM- 2 miles in 18:26 (9:13 pace).  MINUS 23 over twice the distance.  Cut the Mag from 750 to 250 but may have upped the MF too quickly.  Back in action this evening

PM- Exactly as expected.  I am SO SICK of this pattern of relapse, improvement, relapse then repeat.
Did 3 miles at Gold's in 25:10 (8:23 pace).  MINUS 50.  How long can I sustain this round of improvements?  Total for the day was 5 miles in 43:36 (8:43 pace), which is quite lame.  I suppose this is better than another setback but the foot/ankle still has not gone away completely either.  I hope to be near "normal" by tomorrow.
Grade:D+/1 credit/distance=5.5

4/19- Today was NOT as expected.  It was much worse.  Tried to run with the group and DIED after just 1.5 miles despite a pace well over 8:00.  Turned around and could not even hold a 10:00 pace on the back half.   Got home to find that the B-12 deficit has flared up, which I fully expected to happen eventually.  I HOPE that the dose will now stabilize around 1-2 mg.

PM- I know that a B-12 deficit will affect tolerance to MF and other sulfate based products so that explains some of the issues I had last week.  Did it have any impact on the magnesium intolerance?  It appears that answer is YES.  Did 1 mile at Gold's in 7:52 then loaded on Mag and came back with a 7:50.  That's not even close to a significant difference so that's good news.  I'll have problems if I skip Mag long-term but on a day-day basis, it's a non-factor.
Grade:F+/1 credit/distance=5.0

Mini-rant:
The issue of laziness among runners came up today.  Not everyone knows that I am sick.  Yes, I've been called names such as "pussy" in the past.  Those who don't know that I am sick could reach the same conclusion today.  If you are deficient in adrenaline, you will give the appearance of low motivation but the truth is you have to push harder than anyone just to do the meager amount that you can.

4/20- Sneaked under the Mendoza line with a 23:47 performance for 3 miles (7:56 pace).  Even splits but no strength at all.
Grade:C-/1 credit/distance=3.0

PM-Surprisingly better.  5 miles in 37:04 (7:25 pace).  Could have broken 37 if I really pushed at the end.  Very smooth and relaxed all the way just like an old standard issue run.  What a difference 10 hours can make!  This sort of thing is nothing new for me and I could collapse tomorrow.  6 weeks until my epic road trip.
Grade:A-/1 credit/distance=5.0

4/21- I've developed extreme sensitivity to B-12.  Without it, I can't run at all but must be very careful about overshooting the balance point.  3 miles naked at junk pace.  That's okay because I intended it to be slow but I clearly felt off my game.
Grade:D/1 credit/distance=3.0

4/22- Another embarrassing group run.  Kept up for 2 miles at 7:45ish pace then DIED and finished up with 5 miles in 47:30 (9:30 pace) with the last half in the 11 minute range.  I only took approximately 2.5 mg of B-12 and it was still WAY too much.  Something must be done about this.  It's unacceptable.
Grade:F/2 credit/distance=5.0

4/23- 2 miles at Gold's in a robust 19:54 (9:57 pace) but I did have even splits.  Got home and stayed in bed for most of the day.  Ordered NADH and Ultimate B.
Grade:F/1 credit/distance=2.0

Weekly summary:
Managed 30 miles but all except 1 session was CRAP.  I've got what I hope is my last ferritin test tomorrow morning.  We'll see if molybdenum lowered it to an acceptable level.

  The low dose B-12 should arrive tomorrow but I will probably have to wait until Wednesday or Thursday for the NADH.  NADH is tolerated as part of a combo and was an ingredient in Methyl Mate but I'm not sure about its effect as a stand alone.  When on MethylMate, I was not sensitive to B12 as long as I took molybdenum.  I stopped because it raised Iron and ferritin and found that TMG/SAM-e was more effective.

  The best case scenario is that Ultimate B works.  If so, I don't need B-2, PABA or NADH as a stand alone and may not even need B12.  That will save pills and money.
Distance=30.0/ GPA= 1.00
YTD: 483 miles.  2-13 with a 1.92

No comments: