Monday, March 23, 2020

Training 3/23-3/29

3/23- Interesting.  Sneaked in a 2 miler at lunch in between rain showers.  Finished in 16:10 (8;05 pace).  Splits were 8:08-8:02.  Once again, very little benefit from extra CoQ10 and NADH.  I do know that 10 mg was tolerated today.  It was not tolerated before so that is good news.  Still, I was too sluggish out there today.  Extra MF + TMG made things decidedly WORSE.  BHMT is related to MF metabolism and I just got too much support in that area.  I should be back to the new normal after I am off it for a couple days.  Then, I will go back to the normal dose.
Distance=2.0

3/24- Another day classified as interesting.  MUCH WORSE after taking Taurine.  That means this is sulfur related.  3x1 lap at Montreat.
2:45 (8:15 pace)
2:25 (7:15 pace) MINUS 60 with extra probiotics
2:09 (6:27 pace) MINUS 48 with extra CBS/NOS
That's it for today.  Threat of storms in the evening with no Gold's Gym option.
Distance=1.0

3/25- 3rd straight interesting day.
AM- Opened with a promising 2:16 (6:48 pace) then took 500 mg CoQ10 and felt SLIGHTLY WORSE.  The watch showed it as I slipped to a 2:23 (7:09 pace).  PLUS 21.  Enough to be significant but not a night and day difference.  This answers all the questions.  The CoQ10 apparently affects sulfur.  That's why the BHMT and Taurine were tolerated before but not now.  I'm simply over the threshold that produces symptoms.  No doubt that extra probiotics and CBS/NOS would have helped but I chose to treat lap 3 as a cool down.

PM- Sneaked out for 2 miles on Lakeshore at lunch.  Finished in 14:54 (7:27 pace) with anti-sulfur treatments.  Felt free and easy with a first half mile around 3:30 but faded a bit after that.  I will try to get by with lower Co-Q10 doses going forward.
Distance=3.0
A very important point to consider:
Prior to the TRS, I would NOT have tolerated the CBS/NOS.  Thus, the treatment known to improve my symptoms was not tolerated.  That's the ultimate in cruelty.

Remainder of the week:
Became intolerant to CoQ10.  What the _____!  A flip flop flip from intolerance to absolutely necessary then right back to intolerance. 

I do know that CoQ10 does not contain sulfur but does activate enzymes that control its regulation so it's an indirect effect.  Probiotics help the most but I must be careful about taking too much together with TRS.  Extra NADH may be a substitute but my tolerance is limited.  CoQ10 must be reduced if not eliminated.  I can go up to 10 mg NADH.

No comments: