Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Training 6/1-6/7

6/1- Day trip to Chattanooga.  Got home late so I only did 2 laps plus a cool.  I did take TRS in the morning and after going 12 hours without it, I could only manage a 2:54 (8:42 pace) then improved to a 2:25 (7:15 pace) with it.
Distance=1.0

6/2- Lakeshore 3 in 26:18 (8:46 pace).  Weak effort.  This time, the TRS gap has diminished.  1st half in 13:37 without it but only improved to a 12:41 with it.  That's significant but not night and day and the ceiling is WAY TOO LOW!
Distance=3.0

6/3- AM- I don't understand this.  I was actually worse than yesterday.  Came through the Mile marker in 9:50 then quit.  Maybe I could have rallied a bit on the back half but not by much.  My only explanation was that I didn't take enough TRS.  Loaded later in the morning and improved to 7:26.  Not great but certainly a big improvement.

PM- Under the threat of storms, I clocked an 8:38 mile after another low dose of TRS.  Not pleased at all.
Distance=3.0

6/4- AM- Just wanted to see how bad it would be without any TRS and clocked an 11:03 for 1 mile.  Dipped under 4 for a half mile with MEGA doses then added a cool.

PM- Did 2 miles at Canterbury.  No TRS.  Just forgot it.  It was a junk run and I bet it was over 20 minutes.
Distance=4.0

6/5- Same workouts as yesterday.  AM was trial and error miles in 9:38/8:02.
Did the Canterbury 2 in 18:08 (9:04 pace).  Did 10 sprays both times.  I'm sure that I would have been better with extra but I just can't afford to take more.  I just have to let the detox run its course.
Distance=4.0

Another HARD CRASH over the weekend.  The tolerance for TRS has greatly diminished.  I'm shutting down until further notice.

No comments: