Saturday, February 25, 2023

5 days Off Training

 No running on Monday or Tuesday in Palm Springs.  I had no time for anything other than a junk run anyway.  I did keep the legs moving with a few moderate hikes.  I was still wiped out on Wednesday and with the 2 hours jet lag, I would not have expected much.   I figure I’ll just write it off as a loss and try to regroup next week.  I did do a junk 1 Mile jog today (Saturday) but I was beyond awful with a time of 12:46.  Unfortunately, I have had an autoimmune flare.  This is extremely disheartening but at least I have the pills needed to get back on track and I know what to do about it.

The trouble actually began last Saturday.  I knew that my poor performance in the 10K time trial was related to the pills.   I noticed that a single dose of Thym-Adren really made a BIG difference, which should not happen under normal circumstances.  I opened with 3 of those pills but a 4th made things significantly WORSE.  In Palm Springs, I tried to get by with just 1 but was considerably BETTER on 2.  That was the sweet spot but unless I did something to address the autoimmune issue, it may not stay the sweet spot for long.  

I feared that an adrenal spike would wreck the Palm Springs trip.  Though I didn't feel great when I was out there, I was well enough to enjoy myself.  When I got home, I took an IP-6 pill, which strengthens the immune system and got an IMMEDIATE negative response, which always happened prior to addressing the auto-immune issues.  However, the Cytokine suppressant and Immune modulator improved my symptoms.  In theory, I should simply increase the dosage of the Cytokine suppressant and I should be back on track within a few days. 

Why did it happen?

I believe it is related to the Candida die off.  In the recent past, whenever I tried to quit sugar, my sensitivity actually got worse.  Truly a vicious cycle!  I have read that gut health and autoimmune issues are inter-related.  I would have thought that when the Candida does die off, the sensitivity would diminish.  Not the case.  Perhaps this is only a temporary reaction.  Then again, it never fails.  I solve one problem and another one springs up.  I just cannot plug all the leaks.  This ends the run of sustained improvement.

Update:

Again, it's hard to understand why this happened.  I've been pretty disciplined about taking the Auto-immune pills.  I might miss a dose here and there but it's rare.  I had no issues taking just 1 of those pills everyday for the past 2 months.  Then, all of a sudden, it's not enough.  The Candida die-off can be the only explanation.  Also, I have to be careful about taking too much.  Suppose I take 4-5 of those pills every day?  That could cause problems as well.  

After upping the Auto-Immune support, the adrenals did indeed spike.  Now is as good a time as any to try again to eliminate sugar and alcohol from my diet.  I expect another rough week ahead.  Another strategy that I am willing to try is increased Probiotics PLUS the Apple Cider Vinegar.  

Any issues after the Skiing?

Thankfully, that is of no concern.  I probably would not have been able to run for the first 3 days after falling but after 5 days, it did not bother me at all.  One thing that I must remember:  If I am not healthy, my connective tissues are not working at 100 percent, which means that I will be vulnerable to injuries.  While a small spill won't hurt a healthy person, I could sprain a ligament.  This was probably my last ski session of this season.  Water temperatures at the Florida Gulf have climbed above 65 degrees.  It's beach season now.

No comments: