Sunday, February 26, 2023

Training 2/25-3/5

 2/25- BEYOND AWFUL.  1 Mile at Vestavia in 12:46 but at least my knee didn't bother me.

Distance=1.0

2/26- Terrible 2s.  2 Mile at Vestavia in 22:22 (11:11 pace).  Splits were 10:51-11:31.  Knee was a tad sore on the first few steps but I didn't notice any problems after that.  The adrenal spike is BAD.  Day 2 off caffeine.  I've craved it but so far so good.  Sleepy but no headache yet.  Usually hours 24-36 are the worst but sometimes it's 36-48.  

Distance=2.0

2/27- ROUGH.  The withdrawal symptoms peaked just before 48 hours then the adrenals spiked.  Did 1 mile in 11:08 in the afternoon.  My morning session was so bad that I won't even reveal it.

Distance=2.0

2/28- Estimated distance was 1.5 miles give or take on South Lakeshore extension.  Ran it naked but I was beyond awful once again.

Distance=1.5

3/1- AM- 1 mile in 11:26 but did manage a slight negative split (5:48-5:38).

PM- MUCH WORSE THAN THE MORNING.  Pace was well over 12 minutes and I quit after a half mile.  I am now past the 100 hour mark without caffeine or alcohol.  The adrenal spike is NOT going down and I get worse after several hours without the pills.  I have no choice.  I MUST increase the Thym-Adren.  I've had some spikes after trying to quit before but NOTHING like this!

Distance=1.5

3/2- Vestavia was closed in the evening so I ran a Mile at Montreat in 10:23 on the increased dose.  Improvement over yesterday and probably my best showing since before the California trip but I did hope for better than this.  Will I finally see sustained improvement from this point?

Distance=1.0

3/3- DISASTER AGAIN.  This time, the mega dose of Thym-Adren was too much.  I caved on caffeine.  I had to because I could not function at work without it.  

Distance= 1.0

3/4- Unplanned rest day.  I did find the culprit.  It's Apple Cider Vinegar and Probiotics but I did improve with extra Auto Immune support.  It's become clear that at least temporarily, the Candida die off makes Auto Immune issues WORSE!  I have 2 options.  Stay the course and take mega doses of Auto Immune supps OR reduce the dose of Probiotics and ACV.  Maybe a combination of both.

3/5- I HATE doing these test intervals but they are necessary to know where I stand.  

Nothing- 2:01 (12:06 pace)

Thym- Adren - 1:54 (11:30 pace) only slightly better

2 Auto Immune pills- 1:44 (10:24 pace)

Mega Auto Immune dose-  Fared NO better.  1:45 followed by a 1:43.  

I improved only AFTER a forbidden drink.  That answers yesterday's question.  I MUST cut back on the ACV and Probiotics.  Mega doses of Auto Immune support won't work.  If I am to take ACV, I should take Auto Immune pills immediately after.  Managed only a 1:28 (8:48 pace) so that's still BAAAAUUHHD!

Distance= 1.0

-10 miles total.  YTD: 94








No comments: