Monday, February 13, 2023

Training 2/13-2/19

 2/13- Too much Apple Cider Vinegar last night and I knew it immediately.  It is causing a Candida die off reaction.  The same is true with the Glutamine.  It appears that 1 of those pills does not trigger significant ill-effect but more than that is a BIG problem.  Only good news is that the Thym-Adren did not have much of an impact.  

Did the hated half lap intervals at Montreat.  Improved from a 2:01 to a 1:35 AFTER chugging a small Red Bull.  This is the second time that this has happened.  Over the weekend, Red Bull made me feel much WORSE!  The only reasonable explanation is that over the weekend, my Probiotic dose was too low and I could not tolerate the sugar because it feeds Candida.  NOW, I am having die-off reactions and the sugar eases the die off.  Again, there NEEDS to be a middle ground that allows me to train while killing off the Candida. Perhaps the need for Thym-Adren will diminish when that happens.

Distance=0.5

2/14- Stuck with the Apple Cider Vinegar last night and the ill-effects were not nearly as bad.  Improved to a 1:48 for a half lap on nothing then fared NO better on Thym-Adren (very good news).  Today, I did NOT turn to Red Bull for symptom relief.  I stuck it out.

Took a few minutes rest then clocked a robust 11:45 for the Mile at Montreat.  It's okay.  I expected to endure a rough week or two but it's going to be worth it in the end.  Held the pace and actually managed a slight pick up in the last lap.  Should be considerably better tomorrow.

PM- Did another half mile at Montreat non-stop and finished in 5:33 (11:06 pace).  On track for a nice improvement but nothing earth shattering.  The big question:  How would I react to more Apple Cider Vinegar and Glutamine?  Answer:  Not much of a reaction.  I did slow to 5:44 (11:28 pace) but I felt no different.  That's only a 3% difference so I say it's not enough to be considered significant.  Things are beginning to look up but I do fear an adrenal spike this weekend when I am in Palm Springs.

Distance=2.5

2/15- 2 miles on Lakeshore in 20:19 (10:09 pace).  Vision for the future is almost clear.  Limit sugar and alcohol.  Take Probiotics and Apple Cider Vinegar with Glutamine.  Splits were 10:08-10:11.  Significant improvement over yesterday but still a ways to go.  Please no adrenal spike this weekend.

Distance=2.0

2/16- 1 mile at Montreat was all that I had time to do.  Finished in 9:15 with splits of 4:42-4:33.  I'll take it.  My PR is soft but I am now within 59 seconds.  Compared to just 2 days ago, this is a MINUS 2:30.  That's a little too fast in terms of progress.  

Distance=1.0

2/17- Naked 1.5 mile jog at Montreat without pills or a watch.  It was slow but I could handle it.  This served no purpose other than to pad my total.

Distance -1.5

2/18- 25 laps at Vestavia track in 71:54 (PR) (11:33 pace).  Well, at least I am on the board for the 10K distance and should get a pretty easy PR next time out.  I didn't expect to come close to the sub-60, but I did expect to do better than this.  I started with a comfortable effort in the low 10s but was well over 12 by Mile 6.  Never felt all that tired but just couldn't pick up any speed.  1st half- 33:40, 2nd half- 38:14.  OUCH!  Odds are that I am still feeling the effects of the Candida die off, but I do suspect that the pills are off.  I may need to reduce the Thym-Adren and Stress Pak

Distance=6.5

2/19- 3 mile hike in Palm Springs with some spurts of fast running when the terrain allowed for it.  Distance was 1 mile give or take a few yards.  

Distance=1.0

-15 miles on the week.  YTD=84

No comments: