Monday, August 29, 2011

Training 8/29-9/4

8/29- HORRIBLE! Lakeshore 3 in 26:54 (8:58 pace). Splits were 8:30-8:58-9:26 and with every additional mile, it would have been worse and worse. The choline/inositol has cleared my system, leaving me with a manganese excess. I still don't know how much of that stuff I need.
Probably a mistake to even try today. I was so bad at work today that I was getting short of breath walking around the office. At the end of the week, 3 junk miles is better than 0.
Grade:F/1 credit/distance=3.0

8/30- MUCH better. 6 miles in 44:38 (7:27 pace). Did not have top form but I have no complaints about this workout. Slowed just a tad in Mile 4 and 5 but I really wasn't struggling too much. Today's formula was 6 Thym-Adren, 2 Stress Pak and 1/2 manganese. How will I feel tomorrow on this formula? Your guess is as good as mine.
Grade:B+/1 credit/distance=6.0

8/31- Split the difference between Monday's debacle and Tuesday's success. Woke up somewhat anxious then 1/2 manganese made things much worse. The Thym-Adren and Stress Pak helped but it wasn't enough. It sucked for today but it's good news in the long run. The more manganese that I need, the less likely it is that the Thym-Adren and Stress Pak will work to control the fast oxidation. I know I can't stop taking it altogether but if I can limit it to 1-2 pills per week, that's a good sign. I had hoped to run a tempo at the Shak but easy was all that I had in me. 5 miles in 39:25 (7:53 pace). Running almost all out, I started off fairly well at 7:31 then slipped to 7:39-7:54-8:11-8:10. That 5th mile was just good enough to avoid a D grade.
Grade:C-/1 credit/distance=5.0

9/1- AM run. Cut out the manganese and felt a definite improvement but I was hoping for better. Way too loose and short of breath from the beginning. This was another "tempo effort" slow run. Time was down to 37:35 (7:31 pace). Again, I faded in the 2nd half but it was not as dramatic as yesterday. (18:31/19:04). I know that mega doses of choline/inositol will not work but maybe 1 or 2 of those will help. 3 days until a possible 5K and unless I improve dramatically tomorrow or Saturday, I'm out.
Grade:C/1 credit/distance=5.0

9/2-Short tempo under a time crunch. Finished at 2.5 miles in 15:48 (6:19 pace). This was clearly the best I've felt all week. Maybe just a little loose but overall not too bad at all. Dipped under 6 pace the last half mile but I did stop a couple of times because of mental lapses. Temp was 90 degrees and I ran this earlier in the day than usual too. Still unsure on the 5K. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. Formula is Thym-Adren and Stress Pak. No manganese and choline/inositol is not an option either even at small doses.
Grade:B+/2 credits/distance=2.5

9/3- Average performance in warm conditions. In a day before a possible race, I did 3.25 miles in a time of 24-flat (7:24 pace). I didn't even look at the watch until the end of the first mile, which was 7:33. Then, I sped up early in the 2nd mile before wisely slowing down. I passed 3 miles just over 22:40 then sprinted home at 5:15 pace in the final quarter mile. The weather will be warm and humid tomorrow and I'm obviously still off form. I felt horrible when I woke up and need a mega dose of Thym-Adren (8 pills) just to feel decent. Finished with a quarter mile cool down. I did this workout at 10 AM with no food in the morning. Not bad. Race will be a game time decision.
Grade:B-/1 credit/distance=3.5

9/4- Gatorade Steelers 5K in 19:21 (fastest time since '98)
Grade:A-/4 credits/distance=5.0

Weekly summary:
Ran all 7 days. Not sure if some of these even count. Week ended on a high note but overall, it was not too good. I'd like to get some time trials in over the next 2 months but the focus will shift to marathon mode now.
Distance=30.0/GPA= 2.83

No comments: