Monday, September 2, 2013

Training 9/2-9/8

9/2- AM.  Measly 2 miles in 17:24 (8:42 pace).  I'd like to think that I'm not recovered from Saturday but it was obvious that it was too much Thym-Adren because I got worse after an extra pill.  Is this a temporary reaction or a permanent adjustment?  I'm betting that it is the latter because I was clean yesterday and did okay.  It seems unlikely that I need Fructosin because I was slightly better after drinking some Gatorade.  1st mile was 8:53, 2nd was 8:31 after the Gatorade.  Nevertheless, I will rule out the Fructosin later and probably endure a rotten day off.  I may attempt another run this evening.
PM- Slightly worse after taking Fructosin.  We shall see what happens with the Thym-Adren.  I jogged a mile naked at a pace over 10.
Grade:F/1 credit/distance=3.0

9/3- MAD AS HELL!  Once again, I am shooting at a moving target.  Only one week ago, I needed mega doses of Thym-Adren.  Now, I am rapidly trending down and will likely be off it by the end of the week.  Today, I did an aggressive cut from 8 pills down to 4.  4 pills were still too many!  I have been alcohol and caffeine free for 3 days and now I'll bet that the drinking on Saturday didn't hurt me after all.  I was going downhill over the weekend but didn't recognize the reason.
Today's workout was 3 miles at Golds and got a small incremental improvement.  Finished in 23:30 (7:50 pace) with splits of 7:30-7:50-8:10.  Popped a 5th pill just to see what would happen and turned in a hard fought 8:47 in Mile 4.
Grade:D+/1 credit/distance=4.0

9/4- Well, it's official now.  For the 3rd time this year, I have been forced off Thym-Adren, which has spelled disaster in the past.  I can only hope that Cal/Mag malate will do the job that citrate failed to do.  It was another aggressive cut to 2 pills today and it was 2 too many. I can envision going back and forth from Thym-Adren to Cal/Mag in a never ending cycle.  That would suck real bad!
 I got a very modest improvement over yesterday.  3 miles at Gold's in 23:06 (7:42 pace) plus a Mile cool.  In other news, a toothache began on Monday and got progressively worse.  I went to the denty and sure enough, I needed a root canal and had to pay $300.  Did the oral infection effect my balance?  Since it was a short-term issue, the answer is "Possible but unlikely."  Still, there is a decent chance that I could be right back on mega Thym-Adren again by next week.
Grade:C/1 credit/distance=4.0

9/5- Body was weak from the antibiotics and loopy from the pain pills but performed well when called upon.  Today was my first day off the Thym-Adren and I could not have asked for better.  5 miles at Gold's in 36:25 (7:17 pace).  Ran like a machine.  The average pace was 7:17 and my SLOWEST mile was #3 at 7:19.  Very smooth and relaxed.  The only downer was a bit of muscle soreness in the groin but it should not be anything to worry about.  5 more days on the antibiotics, which could be rough.  I did pick up some probiotics at GNC today and ate some yogurt for breakfast.
Grade:A-/1 credit/distance=5.5

9/6- Salazar 300s at Hoover @ 5:15ish pace.  10 reps in sets of 2 with only a 1 min R.  1st 9 were all between 58.7-59.4 then turned it up a notch with a 54.7 finish.  Decent workout.  I'm doing okay without the Thym-Adren but the antibiotic use is leaving me weak.  I have only 4 days left on those suckers and will be over halfway done tomorrow.  Probiotics help but do not offset the damage.  After the infection clears and I'm off the antibiotics, I could find myself back on the Thym-Adren next week.  If I am able to run both days this weekend, I will not count Monday's debacle against my GPA for the week.
Grade:B/2 credit/distance=2.5

9/7- AM- 1 mile at snail's pace.  I am really hurting from the antibiotics now.  3 days to go after today too.  I must load on probiotics to get through it.
PM- 1 mile on Wisteria in 9:44 with splits of 4:42-5:02.  No comments needed.  I've never had this bad of a reaction to antibiotics before so I am concerned.
Grade:F/1 credit/distance=2.0

9/8-PATHETIC!  3 miles in 26:27 (8:49 pace).  Woke up with intolerable fatigue and popped 3 SBF pills.  Just a temporary measure to cope with the antibiotics.  I was noticeably better than yesterday.
Grade:D-/1 credit/distance=3.0

Weekly summary:
No comments.
Distance=24.0/ GPA= 12.7/8= 1.59
YTD: 1,250 miles.  14-20 with a 2.54 GPA

No comments: