Saturday, December 28, 2013

Causes of Sensitivity and Liver Flush Protocol

As I posted earlier, the liver is the central processing unit for vitamins and minerals.  Though unconfirmed, I believe that it is also responsible for processing of synthetic medications.  Let's first look at my history, which may have led to my sensitivity and instability:

I took Accutane for 2-3 months.  Accutane is a powerful anti-acne drug and I have read that it is basically a toxic dose of Vitamin A, which is a fat soluble vitamin.  Where is the excess stored?  You guessed it.  The liver.  I will say that 85-90% of patients recommend Accutane and get through the treatment with little more than dry skin.  I will not say that this is the source of all my problems but websites have linked it to adrenal fatigue.  I believe that I had a congenital weakness in that area, which explains why I could not tolerate it while most others can.

I was misdiagnosed with hypothyroidism and was on Synthroid for nearly 4 years.  Towards the end of this treatment, the sensitivity had become apparent.  After being cut off cold turkey, which was a very dangerous thing for my quack doctor to do, a single dose made me feel a lot better.

I took a powerful herbal supplement for adrenal fatigue over the course of 3 years purely for symptom relief in order to survive graduate school at Clemson.  It was the wrong type of supplement for my body chemistry.  It succeeded temporarily but left me worse off than I had been before.

I was misdiagnosed with clinical depression and upped the dosage after it did not help my chronic fatigue.  I remained very sensitive to my herbal adrenal supplement.

When I finally started the hair test protocol in 2006, it was necessary to take boatloads of glandular supplements, minerals and amino acids.  Though it was imperative that I take all those pills, it had to be hard on my liver to process all that material.

Current state:
I need Magnesium and Thym-Adren to get in balance.  Without either of them, my adrenals will spiral out of control and will eventually slip back into adrenal exhaustion.  As of now, I can only take one or the other and must alternate the days.  Any more than 2 pills per day will cause my body to stiffen up badly.  If I were really getting closer to balance, I would be getting stronger, not weaker.
Does this have anything to do with the fructose malabsorption that I experienced last summer?  Probably not.  I can actually tolerate sugar fairly well now that I boosted my magnesium.  If I cannot process any of the pills that I need to get in balance, I am screwed.  I'll have to quit running and go back to anti-depressants with little hope of long-term relief because they do not affect the adrenals.  If I am forced down that route, I will go with the dopamine based drug Wellbutrin, not SSRIs.  Needless to say, I will try just about anything to reduce this sensitivity to key supplements.

Liver flush protocol:
-Dry cereal for breakfast and lunch with no food or drink after 2 PM
-16 oz of water mixed with epsom salts in 2 servings (6PM and 8PM)
-Drink a concoction of olive oil mixed with grapefruit juice and lemon juice at 10 PM.
-Go straight to bed.
-Drink 2 more epsom salt mixes no sooner than 6 AM and 8 AM.
-Lots of trips to the bathroom and supposedly you will be amazed by what comes out.
Do a YouTube search for Liver Flush if you'd like to know more.

I will post the results tomorrow.


No comments: