Sunday, December 29, 2013

Comments on the Liver flush experience

The short answer is that it was not as bad as I feared.  I did pretty well in following the protocol but if I am to do it again,  I will do a few things differently. 
First, eating just dry cereal was a little extreme.  You simply need to avoid fats before the detox so I could have had a few juice smoothies with more nutrients and calories.
Second, I broke my fast around 11 AM the next day and probably could have held it together for a few more hours.
Lastly, I took my 3rd epsom salt drink at 7:00 AM instead of 6:00 because I could not get up.  Oh well, I don't think that affected me too much.

The fast:
I did get a bit of a hunger headache and I was hurting as a result of not taking any supplements but I never really felt faint.  No worse than expected.  I may have been okay taking some Mag but not Thym-Adren.

Epsom salts:
Was not as foul tasting as I feared.  I used filtered water and kept it cold, which helped.  I did have to go to the bathroom after the second dosage but it wasn't too uncomfortable.

The cleansing drink:
1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil plus a 1/2 cup of grapefruit juice and a few squirts of lemon juice.  I mixed it in a Gatorade bottle, shook it up then drank it.  I expected that it would make me want to gag but it turned out to be okay.  The taste of the grapefruit juice overwhelmed the olive oil.

Night:
The biggest complaint is the nausea but in my case, it wasn't so bad.  I had trouble getting to sleep and did make 1 bathroom trip but nothing came out.

Morning:
I woke up actually feeling at peace with my situation, which is amazing given how much is at stake.  Part of me was accepting that I may be screwed and nothing more could be done.  I expected to be running for the toilet early but I was getting concerned that I was not.  It was not until after my 2nd epsom salt drink that I could go.  To my relief,  I saw 2-3 small green stones floating on top.  About an hour later, I had to go again and this time, I saw more than a dozen stones.  Most were small and green with a couple tan stones mixed in.  The size was larger than a sesame seed but slightly smaller than a peanut.  Some people are able to pass much larger stones but I was still pleased to get something out.  I had to go a couple more times during the day but only got about 2-3 more out.

Final thought:
Again, I'm not expecting a miracle one shot cure.  I just want improvement.  One shot of prolotherapy did not cure long-standing groin pain but it did improve.  The fact that something came out is a good sign.  It is common for patients to get more out on the 2nd or 3rd cleanse.  If my tolerance for supplements does improve, yes I will do this again.  I will start the detox on a Friday night rather than a Saturday so I will not be worthless all weekend.  At the end of the day, I really don't care if anything comes out or not, I just want to be less sensitive to these pills.  I'll have a better idea in another day or two.

No comments: