Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Magnesium RBC test 2

My first Mag RBC test was a 5.9 back in October of last year.  I've been through a lot since then and expected a slight drop off but nothing severe.  That's exactly what I got.  I slipped to a 5.6 this time around.  That's a drop of 5.1 percent.   The "true" normal range is 5.0-7.0 with an optimal range of 6.0-7.0.  If you consider a 5% allowance for variance due to lab error and natural fluctuations, my drop off was not significant.  In any event, I am certainly not deficient but I am also certainly sub-optimal.  It is extremely rare nowadays to see a Mag RBC above 7.0.

What to do about this?  It's not a pressing concern but it's probably a good idea to raise my Mag dosage and drop the Cal/Mag ratio from 3:2 down closer to 1:1.  Also, I may add back a bit of Mag chloride.  I'll know better when I get the medical report.  It is important to consider the RBC results, the Mag value on the hair test as well as the key Mag ratios (Ca/Mg and Na/Mg).

I expect to get the hair test results back in about 2 weeks and am a bit apprehensive about it.  I am still vulnerable to injuries due to sore muscles.  I am not afraid of a Cal/Mag imbalance because I know what to do about it.  I would be alarmed to see a low a Na/K (adrenal fatigue) but I know what to do about that too.  Thanks to the detox, I can take Limcomin and Vitamin C without fear of my system rejecting them.  What I am most worried about is my oxidation ratios (Na/Mg and Cal/K).  I HAD BETTER SEE A SIGNIFICANT DROP IN MY Na and K!  Otherwise, there is no explanation as to why my system suddenly rejected the Thym-Adren and accepted the Endodren. Taking Endodren as a fast oxidizer will put me further out of whack and a breakdown is inevitable.  Again, good workouts are a sign that I am moving in the right direction.  I'm pretty confident that if I raced my last 5K course today, I'd be comfortably under 21 minutes.  If I can improve my pace per mile by only 6 seconds per week, I will be back to 20-flat within 4 weeks.

No comments: