Friday, May 29, 2015

Results of the Experiments

Glutathione- This is a NO and it was recommended at #2 on my list.  I do not believe that zinc/copper is to blame.  It's all about the sulfur and CBS issues.  I got a nice boost the first time I tried it but on day 2, I started strong but faded badly after 3 laps and barely held on for a 15:52 for 2 miles while fading fast.  That broke the string of non-horrible days. UPDATE: I've learned that CBS issues can impair lung function.  I'm not surprised.

St. John's Wort-  NO.  This one was awful.  I got a brief elevation in mood that lasted about 2 hours then I became severely over-stimulated by the end of the work day.  The 2nd dose made it much worse.  I ran 1.5 miles at a pace just south of 7:30 then it took me 4:24 (8:48 pace) to run the next half mile after popping half a SJW pill.  Why I am so convinced that I am not bipolar?  That's why.  The turn for the worse occurred just after I took the pill.  I pitched the bottle.

Phosphatidyl Serine-  This may very well be a winner.  It's not magic but it should not be after just 1 dose.  I definitely calmed down within a couple hours of taking it and was NOT terribly overstimulated when I woke up the next morning.  I did need the ADHS but it was not a desperate need.  I was able to run a little bit without it.  If this reduces my need for adrenal suppressants, that could be HUGE for stability concerns.

Where to go from here?

A new option has emerged.  Molybdenum.  My reason is that it will most definitely reduce my sulfur and others have reported that it really helped their CBS.  At the end of 2 months on that stuff, my sulfur was so depleted that I actually needed taurine.  It also left me with a near perfect zinc/copper ratio.   The risk is that it could lower copper and raise sodium.  Perhaps if I take it with glutathione or taurine or even with the Liver pill, it will negate those ill-effects.  MAYBE, it will work.  I'm afraid if it doesn't, I need a few weeks off from any running at all.

No pressure at all for the Asheville 10K next weekend.  I should know at least something about the molybdenum by my next consult on 6/9.

No comments: