Monday, July 25, 2016

Training 7/25-7/31

7/25- First day off ATP and B-12 as a stand alone.  Result was a carbon copy of Saturday's workout.  4 miles at Gold's in a time of 30:16 (7:34 pace).  1st half: 14:50, 2nd half: 15:26.  Don't even think I had another mile in me at sub-8 so I shut it down.  Mixed feelings about this one.  I did a little better than I expected before I started but was NOT pleased that I faded so badly after such a good start.  Some potential good news after I got home.  I tried 1 Thym-Adren pill and got a POSITIVE reaction.  When on stand alone B-12, I could not take it at all.  Hopeful for improvement tomorrow.
Distance=4.0

7/26-AM- More encouraging news.  Thym-Adren appears to be working.  Did a mile junk run on Wisteria and was TOTAL CRAP without it but felt somewhat better after 1 pill at the half and significantly better after a 2nd at 3/4.  Did not time anything.  I'll be back this evening.

PM- 3 miles at Gold's in 21:20 (7:07 pace).  Improvement but a bit of a downer.  Went out at 6:50 pace then finished with a pair of 7:15s.  Thym-Adren was VERY necessary.  I NEEDED 6 pills and if I had only taken 3-4, it would have been a Mendoza line effort.  Good news is that an extra pill seemed to help so that means I need mega doses again but as of now, it's not x # of pills neither more nor less.  Added a half mile cool.
Distance=4.5

7/27- COLLAPSE.  1 mile in 9:55.  It was my fault this time.  I've been skimping on the Methyl folate, which caused the uptick in my need for adrenal suppressants.  When I took the full dose today, Thym-Adren was too strong.  Going back to ADHS,  I can get away with a lowered MF dose for a few days but long-term, I need at least 1000 mcg.  Go off the MF and rely on Thym-Adren?  I think I've already proven that no matter how much I take, it will never be enough.  Remain intolerant to B-12 and the ratio of MF to MM remains a non-issue, which is good.
Distance=1.0

7/28- AM- Mile on Wisteria this time and my time was down to 8:45 (MINUS 70).  Went back to ADHS and found that yes, I still need molybdenum,  Down side in 4:35 without it, up side in 4:10 with it.  I predict a Mendoza level performance this afternoon and a swift negative reaction to Thym-Adren this evening.

PM- Curiosity got the best of me as I took Thym-Adren this morning.  I got a swift negative response but felt some clearance in the afternoon.  It was not enough for a decent showing however.  Did 2 loops around the lake at Veteran's Park and covered 1.5 miles in 12:27 (8:18 pace).  MINUS 27.
Distance=2.5

Reaction:
Less than 1000 mcg of Methyl folate means I need Thym Adren.  If I take more, it's ADHS.  Without sufficient MF, NO AMOUNT OF THYM-ADREN WILL BE ENOUGH!  Thym-Adren worked back in the day but not so now.  Why?  The MTHFR mutation gets worse as you age.  I've got to go with the ADHS+ MF.

7/29- Wanted to test myself in a 5K but had to cut it short to 2 miles due to time constraints.  Pretty solid effort though.  Finished in 13:18 (6:39 pace) with splits of 6:36-6:42.  If I had done the full distance, figure add about 8 minutes so it would not have been a post-35 PR but it is within the margin of error.  I'd like to try to run with the fast group tomorrow but the BTC gives me the best chance of finishing a double digit run.  Mileage has been much too low lately.  I've GOT to go with this formula, avoid the collapses and let the improved fitness bring down my times.
Distance=2.0

Update:
Began feeling very over-stimulated and depressed after lunch today but more ADHS seemed to help.  That means it was likely holding me back this morning.  We'll see how I feel upon rising tomorrow.
As for the Formula is SET post, it remains the same with the exception of cutting out B-12 as a stand alone and the need for at least 1000 mcg of Methyl folate.

7/30- YET ANOTHER FAILURE on the group run.  On a day like today, it doesn't matter which group I run with.  I will embarrass myself either way.  Today, I made a quiet turnaround just after 1.5 miles and trotted back home.  Totaled 3 miles in 27:33 (9:11 pace) with Mile 3 close to 11 minutes.
Distance=3.0
The culprit was molybdenum, which is not a huge surprise.  It had to be taken together with B-12.  Since I've been forced off B-12, this is not a surprise.  It worked yesterday morning but not now, which is par for the course for me.

PM- Another 3 miler this time at Gold's.  A mere 6 hours after the debacle this morning, I was CONSIDERABLY better just because I've got some clearance.  Finished this time in 25:17 (8:26 pace).  MINUS 45.  Fastest mile was #3 at 8:09.  Will try for the long run tomorrow.
Distance=3.0

7/31- Lakeshore run in humid conditions.  Figure that should begin to decline in about 2-3 weeks.  Totaled 6 miles but it was a weak effort.  Treated the 1st mile as a warm up then ran the next 3 in 24:13 (8:04 pace)  MINUS 22.  Power cut off late in Mile 4 and Mile 5 slipped to 8:53.  Cut off the watch after 5 miles in 42:04 (8:25 pace) then treated the last mile as a cool down.  Overall, this was a modest improvement over yesterday but I was hoping for a LOT better.  Got home and experimented.  Learned that the ADHS needs to be reduced.  JUST 2 DAYS AGO, I NEEDED MORE!!!  WHAT THE _______?   MAD AS HELL!
Distance=6.0

26 miles on the week



No comments: