Monday, August 8, 2016

Training 8/8-8/14

8/8- AM Iron panel blood test then 3 miles in 25:48 (8:36 pace).  Even pace with a slight negative split but could not go any faster.

PM- 3 miles again and my time is down to 23:48 (7:56 pace).  Wanted to go 5 but didn't have it in me at a respectable pace.  Fell off in Mile 2 but rallied to beat the Mendoza line.
Distance=6.0
Reaction:
I'm getting clearance.  I took 3 ADHS and everything else I needed and nothing that I don't.  I'm beginning to think that the P-5-P that I took over the weekend is okay after all.  I just need to go very easy on it early.  Sure hope so because early indicators were that it relieved the ADHS sensitivity.  I could get the Iron results as early as tomorrow and the new P-5-P pills by Wednesday or Thursday.

8/9- Unplanned rest day.  This is screwy.  I did nothing wrong yesterday and did the same this morning.  I was so bad that I had to leave work at lunchtime.  Something deeper is going on.  I seem to becoming intolerant to Jigsaw Cal and need P-5-P.
Iron blood test shows an excess and saturation (2x higher than it should).  OUCH!  That could be playing a large role.

8/10- Made it through the day at work, which is an improvement right there.  Took the P-5-P and Curcumin and improved further.  Mood improved and legs felt somewhat loose but felt very weak (anemic) and that's how I performed.
Gold's 3 in 25:27 (8:29 pace) with a slight negative split.  Popped 2 more ADHS.  Y'all know what happened before when I tried to go with 5 pills before.  Today, I felt somewhat better.  Did another Mile in 7:45 then popped a Jigsaw Cal and ran another in 7:40.
Distance=5.0
Reaction:
I went easy on the B-6 (half a pill) and that will be the plan for the rest of the week.  Why did I react badly to it before at large doses?  Either, I pushed too much iron out too soon or I depleted my already low UIBC (good iron).  I am both toxic and anemic.  The best news is that I can tolerate BOTH the Cal and the ADHS at larger doses.  Dare I say that the sensitivity is gone?

8/11- Gold's 5 in 39:30 (7:54 pace).  Felt slightly less anemic today but still not good by any stretch.  I did manage a slight negative split (19:50-19:40) and made the last mile my fastest.  B-6 appears to be tolerated and so does Whole Food C (to up the good Iron).  We shall see what happens with the Liver Beef but I'm only planning to take that 1-2x/week.  One interesting observation:  I felt worse after eating a burger for dinner.  Perhaps red meat needs to be cut out temporarily.
Distance=5.0

8/12- Gold's 3 in 22:26 (7:29 pace).  A modest improvement.  I'd guess that a 5 miler would be paced in the 7:40s.  I may not feel much different from day to day but over the course of a few weeks, it should be clearly evident that it's working.  That's what should happen.  No more of this crazy 3 minute swings from one day to the next.  Whole Food C is officially tolerated.  BTC tomorrow.

PM- Felt better during the afternoon today so I decided to try my legs in the Mile at Spain Park.  I wasn't expecting a sub-6 and wasn't sure I could do 6:30 so I was somewhat pleased with my 6:24.1 finish.  Paced it well again.  Splits were 95-98-99-92 so I managed a 2 second negative split.  This is my starting point.  Just 2 seconds faster per lap every week and I'll be sub-6 by the end of the month.  Another 1 second/lap in September and I'm sub-5:45.  NO MORE CRASHES!
Distance=4.0

8/13- Survived the BTC run.  On a day with near 100% humidity and a dew point of 75, I was completely unconcerned about the pace.  For the record, I finished 10 miles in 93:13 (9:19 pace) but there was no collapse.  1st half: 46:20, 2nd half: 46:53.  9 of 10 miles were sub-9:30 with the only exception being Mile 4 (uphill).  I had more in the tank as well.   Pleased that I finished my first double digit run in 8 weeks but I felt a little off.  I think my molybdenum needs to be reduced if not eliminated and we shall see how I do on the Liver pill.

PM- The Liver Beef is a HELL NO!  I reacted so badly to it that I had to go home and take a nap after lunch.  A cashier at a gas station told me that I looked sick.  I was better after taking extra Curcumin so that stuff may be upped.  I may struggle tomorrow but that's okay.  I had to try it.
Distance=10.0

8/14- Gold's 4 in 30:15 (7:34 pace).  Solid performance and an even pace though it was starting to hurt at the end.  I wasn't expecting much after such a terrible reaction to the Liver less than 24 hours ago.  Tacked on another mile as a cool.  It was immediately apparent that I needed molybdenum but the dosage can be reduced.
Distance=5.0

Weekly summary:
35 miles on the week.  I have reason for optimism going forward and learned a lot this week.  The B-6 is tolerated and enables me to tolerate more ADHS.  Whole Food C should help bring up the good iron while Curcumin should knock down the bad iron.  I'll test again in about a month.


No comments: