Monday, October 10, 2016

Training 10/10-10/16

10/10- Trak Shak 7.5 mile loop in 61:50 (8:15 pace) plus a cool.  Hilly route and I feel like I am nearly recovered from the race.  One piece of good news is that the Biotin appears to be increasing my tolerance for citrates.  Took a full pill at the 3 mile mark (24:30)  then proceeded to run the next 4.5 in 37:20, which is only 8 seconds slower per mile so that's not a significant difference.  Took some IP-6 (to lower ferritin) after the run, which also appears to be tolerated.  A couple questions remain which will be addressed later.

PM- Gold's 3 in 22:11 (7:24 pace).  Even pace.  Took some IP-6 and at the very least, it was tolerated.  Though it was not a night and day difference, I did feel some degree of benefit.  Also, I have safely cut the ADHS dosage from 6 pills to 3.  Tomorrow, I will see how dependent I am on methylation support.  The reason for the changes is improved iron status.  A more detailed post is forthcoming.
Distance=11.0

10/11- AM- Methylation test under a time crunch.  Did 1 Mile in 7:17.  First half without any methylation was not half bad at 3:47 then improved to 3:30 with it.  That means that while I do still need it, it won't be a disaster if I do not take it.

PM- Lakeshore 5 in 38:46 (7:45 pace).  Felt strong early but faded in the back half (19:00-19:46) and felt overstimulated.  I felt clearly "different" today and I interpret that as good.
Distance=6.0

10/12- This was a planned rest day but I wanted a small test.  Under a time crunch, I did 1.5 miles on Jemison Trail in 11:27 (7:38 pace) plus a cool.  Even pace but didn't feel right.  Felt overstimulated and like the detox is going too quickly.  I'm backing it down to 250 mg of citrate.
Distance=2.0

10/13- Wanted to run intervals but the track was closed for football (no surprise).  Instead, I did 3 miles at Gold's at tempo effort.  Finished in 21:51 (7:17 pace).  Not horrible but something is clearly off.  I was out well but slipped to 7:30 in Mile 2 running nearly all but did rebound a bit at the end.  I'm betting there is something deeper and I need more than just citrate and Biotin to detox the oxalates.  Speaking of which, I should get the test results in 5-10 days.  Added a warm and cool
Distance=4.0

10/14- Lakeshore 5 in 37:25 (7:29 pace).  Very nice job.  This one felt SO MUCH easier than yesterday.  I credit the lowered dose of citrates and more IP-6.  This would be an "A" workout if I still graded myself.
Distance=5.0

10/15- 5th straight completed long run.  This one wasn't pretty but I made it.  10 miles in 84:41 (8:28 pace).  Bad news is I was never in sync at any time during the run.  Good news is I never collapsed.  Pace never slipped below 8:45 even on the hill that sucks.  Odds are the citrate needs to be reduced for a morning run.  I probably would have done better in the afternoon.  I did not feel any soreness from yesterday's workout.
Distance=10.0

10/16- 4 miles on Lakeshore in 34:36 (8:39 pace).  Very much different than yesterday.  This time, I was out well (7:30 1st mile) then faded in Mile 2 and collapsed in Mile 3-4.
Reaction:
I cut the citrate dose and raised the Biotin.  If I take enough Biotin, which I did not yesterday, I should have no problem with the citrates.  Detroit was this weekend.  Good call to run Tahoe instead.
Distance=4.0

-42 miles on the week.




No comments: