Monday, October 24, 2016

Training 10/24-10/30

10/24- It has become increasingly clear that ATP must be cut out entirely at least for the time being.  Did just 1 Mile untimed on Wisteria and it was total crap.  Still no OAT results.  Tomorrow, it will be a better with or without test with low dose ATP.  I am over 1100 miles on the year, which is higher than I did all year in 2015.
Distance=1.0

10/25- Good news is that I've found the culprit.  It is IP-6.  I was MUCH WORSE immediately after taking it this morning.  On the other hand, ATP may well be tolerated in small doses.  Perhaps, the IP-6 will also be tolerated in small doses.  ATP may play a key role in eliminating oxalates.  IP-6 could be key for reducing ferritin.  Only a 1 mile junk run today.  I expect to feel better tomorrow.
Distance=1.0

10/26- Gold's 3 in 27:55 (9:18 pace).  This was actually an improvement over the past 2 days.  I should be better tomorrow as well.  I'm sticking with low dose ATP and will try again to take low dose IP-6 after the weekend.  I am starting to get very irritated that the lab tests have not arrived yet.  If I don't get them by the start of next week, I'm calling the lab.  Word on the street is that Iron bound oxalates.  Thus, now that the Iron is under control as I suspect it is, I am feeling the full effects of the oxalate toxicity.  Makes some sense.
Distance=3.0

10/27- Felt like I was hit by a truck when I woke up this morning but got better after taking Calcium citrate.  I like I'm safe to take 500 mg/day of that stuff.  Still on low dose ATP.  I'll try 1 IP-6 after the weekend so confirm one way or the other.  3 miles at Gold's in 25:27 (8:29 pace).  MINUS 49.
Distance=3.0

10/28- I predict that I am in the midst of another slow and steady climb out of the hole.  Based on my history however, another relapse will follow.  Sickening isn't it?  Today, I went all out and just barely broke the Mendoza line with a time of 23:58 for 3 miles (7:59 pace).  MINUS 30.  Dose was the same as yesterday.
Distance=3.0

10/29- AM.  1 mile on Lakeshore in 9:05

PM- 2 miles on Wisteria in 16:40 (8:20 pace).  Needing more and more citrates.
Distance=3.0

10/30- 2 miles on Lakeshore in 17:36 (8:48 pace) then tacked on another junk mile on Wisteria.  Both the IP-6 and the ATP will be cut out entirely.  As for the citrates, I'm needing more but too much is not good either.
Distance=3.0
  Perhaps my worst week of the year.  Managed just a measly 17 miles.  Still no OAT results and I'm calling them tomorrow.  YTD: 1117 miles.





No comments: